• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Experiencing depressive episodes in relationships, need advice

M

Megan142

I am in college and about 6 months ago started to date my stepbrother,he is the same age as me, and we live in the same house as our respective parent,(who are not aware that we are going out), at first i thought it was a good idea to date, because he knew about my depression and everything was going well untill the beginning of April, i fell into a depressive episode which causes me to feel numb essentially, it is as if though i feel nothing for him anymore i hate it when he touches me,and in all honesty i am beginning to question if i ever had any real romantic feelings for him, and now i am starting to act distant and i hate myself for it, it is causing me to feel angry at myself,and i just feel so overwhelmed because is what i am feeling right now normal feelings of falling out of love or is it the depression, also what should i do, should we brake up?, but if we do i lose a person who listens and accepts me, as well as the fact that it is going to be very uncomforatable living in the same house as an ex

JessisMe

JessisMe

I am in college and about 6 months ago started to date my stepbrother,he is the same age as me, and we live in the same house as our respective parent,(who are not aware that we are going out), at first i thought it was a good idea to date, because he knew about my depression and everything was going well untill the beginning of April, i fell into a depressive episode which causes me to feel numb essentially, it is as if though i feel nothing for him anymore i hate it when he touches me,and in all honesty i am beginning to question if i ever had any real romantic feelings for him, and now i am starting to act distant and i hate myself for it, it is causing me to feel angry at myself,and i just feel so overwhelmed because is what i am feeling right now normal feelings of falling out of love or is it the depression, also what should i do, should we brake up?, but if we do i lose a person who listens and accepts me, as well as the fact that it is going to be very uncomforatable living in the same house as an ex
I’d break up with him. You need time
to work on yourself
right now and figure out your emotional situation.
To stay with him trying to force s relationship would likely only make you feel resentful. Eating a step relative in general probably isn’t the best choice for this and other reasons. If that is what you are doing you might be better off shopping around...

Blooming

Blooming

My advice is that you try to find a cheap place to live alone. To have a too close relationship with a step-sibling cries out for problems. Try to get into therapy (online for the time being). It will pobably do you good to talk about both your depression and the whole situation. (If you find it wise, perhaps you can discuss the situation with your biological parent). :hug: