Experiences with Abilify? (Aripiprazole)

melonino

melonino

Any experiences, things to keep in mind, anything, is welcomed.
Thank you!

R

Ramson bangers

I am on this for a few years and have had positive results. Can say i am improving as far as psychotic thoughts and general outlook on my episode. I take a large dose along with antidepressants once a day. I complained of uncontrollable intrusive thoughts.
The whole package of getting help is my main achievement, the meds i see as part of that package and i would like to come off them after a while because i still have ideas that i could maybe have a dependancy in the long run which might not be so obvious.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I was on 30mg of Aripiprazole and generally thought it was good apart from a little restlessness and a bit more anxiety than usual but nothing I couldn't handle.

I was previously taking Olanzapine and that gave me a huge appetite and I put on lots of weight, the appetite went back to normal on Aripiprazole.

N

natalie

I am on a flexible doseage of 20 or 25ml, and overall I happily swear by this brand, I had been trialing generic versions of this brand, found that gave me a big problem, had t o get away from generic, and go back to the original brand, Abilify.

Yes and I'll 2nd, that with the Onlanzapine, and I haven't looked back much since, to that brand, was very much weight gaining, and if I can borrow a quote, a huge appetite also.

Then this one came long, and I am always when able to do so, getting my fitness workouts done as well, on Abilify.

However, I had a lot of mental health problems mild forms of, on lower doseages, could not drop back below 15ml, just doesn't work. 25ml is far the best dose to be on, however 25ml I have found does have its side affects drawbacks. More on this later in time, if need be.

What I can't gauge from your post is, whether you have just s tarted to take Abilify, or if you are just finding out about it , in advance.

Good luck, and do let us know, how you'll Melonino this is, get on, with Abifliy in due course.

Best wishes.

melonino

melonino

I am on this for a few years and have had positive results. Can say i am improving as far as psychotic thoughts and general outlook on my episode. I take a large dose along with antidepressants once a day. I complained of uncontrollable intrusive thoughts.
The whole package of getting help is my main achievement, the meds i see as part of that package and i would like to come off them after a while because i still have ideas that i could maybe have a dependancy in the long run which might not be so obvious.
I've been taking these for two days now, also along with an antidepressant once a day. And so far so good, but It's soon to say anything I guess. It's great to know that someone is doing good, I was a bit concerned, thank you! :)

melonino

melonino

I was on 30mg of Aripiprazole and generally thought it was good apart from a little restlessness and a bit more anxiety than usual but nothing I couldn't handle.

I was previously taking Olanzapine and that gave me a huge appetite and I put on lots of weight, the appetite went back to normal on Aripiprazole.
Good to know! I definitely don't want to put on weight or have even more appetite, since I already struggle with binge eating due to my lack of self control, I hope this helps my with that.

melonino

melonino

I am on a flexible doseage of 20 or 25ml, and overall I happily swear by this brand, I had been trialing generic versions of this brand, found that gave me a big problem, had t o get away from generic, and go back to the original brand, Abilify.

Yes and I'll 2nd, that with the Onlanzapine, and I haven't looked back much since, to that brand, was very much weight gaining, and if I can borrow a quote, a huge appetite also.

Then this one came long, and I am always when able to do so, getting my fitness workouts done as well, on Abilify.

However, I had a lot of mental health problems mild forms of, on lower doseages, could not drop back below 15ml, just doesn't work. 25ml is far the best dose to be on, however 25ml I have found does have its side affects drawbacks. More on this later in time, if need be.

What I can't gauge from your post is, whether you have just s tarted to take Abilify, or if you are just finding out about it , in advance.

Good luck, and do let us know, how you'll Melonino this is, get on, with Abifliy in due course.

Best wishes.
Hi Natalie, this was so informative. Thank you!!

I've just started to take Abilify for two days now, and so far so good. I'm taking a lower dosis of 5mg, just because my psychiatrist wanted to see how it works for me first and then take a higher dosis. Also, I'm taking an antidepressant too (Rivotril)

I've never heard of that brand before and I was a bit concerned, but I see it's pretty common now and people are doing good :) Hopefully in a couple of weeks I feel better and I can put my life back together. xx

N

natalie

Hi Melonino,

I'm glad that you have just started to take Abilify, and that it is working so far.

I am also on a antidepressant, called Fluxoetine.

Take care now.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Drugs effect people differently, I have piled the weight on and developed diabetes type two.
I had restlessness but that stopped after a while.
My periods are now irregular.
The depo injections are very painful.
However my mood has improved and the delusions have stopped.

melonino

melonino

Hi,
Drugs effect people differently, I have piled the weight on and developed diabetes type two.
I had restlessness but that stopped after a while.
My periods are now irregular.
The depo injections are very painful.
However my mood has improved and the delusions have stopped.
I can definitely agree with that, every singe body is different. Even though it's been only a couple of days, I've noticed some restlessness too, but I'm not quite sure if it's due to the medication or the fact that I've been drinking alcohol to induce sleep for a while, but now I've stopped and the restlessness is a side effect of being sober. xx

L

lilyc25

I was on this for a few years and mostly found it very effective. What I did notice was it caused me some memory problems. I used to be able to remember meetings really well and pull back those memories easily. But while taking the medication I stuggled with this. I have recently come off this medication but as I am not working at the moment I havent really had the opportunity to test my memory.

melonino

melonino

I was on this for a few years and mostly found it very effective. What I did notice was it caused me some memory problems. I used to be able to remember meetings really well and pull back those memories easily. But while taking the medication I stuggled with this. I have recently come off this medication but as I am not working at the moment I havent really had the opportunity to test my memory.
Good to know, this is something that I'll definitely keep in mind, because I don't have the best memory actually. I wish I could remember my meetings, I envy you! haha but it's not that bad, I got used to it and I always carry a notebook to write important things. I'm glad you found it effective, thank you for responding xx

melonino

melonino

UPDATE: I've been taking this medication for almost a week now, and the only things I can notice is some restlessness (that is actually getting better) and that I find myself HISTERICALLY laughing for silly things. I don't see this a bad thing for now, it's just that I haven't felt really strong emotions such as extreme happiness or extreme sadness for so long, almost two years.
Anyone can relate to this?

EddieH

EddieH

I developed pretty bad Akathisia on it, just could not stop moving. I think I was forgetting to take the pills properly so probably my fault. Anyway good luck with it