• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Experiences on Citalopram?

T

Trustifarian

I have just been prescribed Citalopram, any good/bad experiences? I read up too much on side effects and freaked myself out about them!

S

sadgirl

Hi I had citolpram for a couple of years and had no reactions to it but I got to the stage where it didn't work on me anymore so had to have another set of tablets and the withdrawal wasn't that bad (for me) it was the break in between the drugs that was my problem good luck I'm sure that you will be fine as I say I had no reactions to them

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Had them on and off for years, very helpful with anxiety side of things too, no affect to weight. I felt they weren't helping Mr anymore and I found tapering off them horrific! I was going through some though things that happened after I decided to change meds so obviously this didnt help.
Good meds though ;)

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It didn't work for me at all, it made things worse but as people say different meds work differently for different people.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Has helped me a great deal, especially in terms of social anxiety.
The only thing that wasn't too great was the nausea when I initially started taking them, but that went away within a week for me.

E

english rose

Nightmares.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Citalopram - side effects and experiences Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
Jrog62 Any advice or experiences with high dosage of Zoloft.... Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
X Trintellix (vortioxetine): Experiences with it? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
D Big weight gain- olanzapine and venlafaxine experiences? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
T Experiences with Effexor (Venlafaxine) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
C Venlaflaxine/Effexor Experiences Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
Cazcat Smart pill boxes - Any experiences? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
R Experiences with lithium and BPD? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
A Starting Klonopin...any experiences? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
M experiences with zyprexa vs. seroquel? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
V Beta Blockers for Anxiety - what are your experiences please? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
D Sertraline Experiences Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
Poppy12 Duloxetine aka Cymbalta - Experiences? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
L CITALOPRAM pls guide me Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
L Citalopram !!!! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
K Abruptly stopping Citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
R Pins and needles after increasing citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
M Citalopram side effects like clockwork Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
halloween65 Olanzapine/citalopram - debilitating symptoms Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 13
R Citalopram to Venlafaxine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
C SSRI Mania Citalopram Sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
J Citalopram stopped working after a decrease Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 12
halloween65 Zyprexa/Citalopram discontinuation attempts... Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
C Citalopram tapering withdrawal fears Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
B Coming off citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
C Detoxing off citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
C Citalopram withdrawal Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
Loobypie Citalopram day 12- bleeding gums, toothache, earache Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
P Citalopram Blues Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
G Sexual side effects from Citalopram Withdrawal Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
C Side effects of citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
E Thank you Citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
S Anyone on Citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 20
C Citalopram doesn't work.. Any advise? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
D Citalopram making me zzzzzzzz Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
L Citalopram advice Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
E Citalopram to Mirtazapine.....anyone done this? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
M Citalopram and heart rate Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
R Citalopram to effexor Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
Cazcat GP advising to stop 20mg citalopram cold turkey. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
L Citalopram withdrawl Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
W Citalopram - should I be worried about anesthesia / sexual side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
S Bad side effects with Citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
Y Citalopram and timing Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
M What's your experience of Citalopram? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
SomersetScorpio Escitalopram vs. Citalopram? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
W Quetiapine and Citalopram, use together. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
R Affected by Citalopram and not coping Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
L Citalopram- weird side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
L 1st night on citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3