• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Experiences of spiritual healers

Kerome

Kerome

I was wondering, how many people here have had experiences with spiritual healers? Were they any good, what did you get out of the visit?

I remember many years ago meeting a man called Fritz Meesters, who styled himself as a 'magnetiseur', who are a tradition of alternative healers in the Netherlands who say they deal with a kind of magnetism. He would just kind of hover his hands over you without touching, and pain would go away, and you'd feel better. He also had a gift of just knowing things about his clients, he could just pick out your old traumas, physical and mental, and tell you a little about how they happened. An amazingly gifted man.

But when you saw him, he was the most ordinary little Dutch guy to look at. Very unassuming, very normal. He lived in a totally bog standard little house in the middle of a housing estate, no advertising or anything. And if you asked him how he did what he did, he'd say he didn't know, these things would just come to him. He relied on word of mouth, but clients would always come to him.

Unfortunately he passed away some time ago, otherwise I might go to see him sometime.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have had experiences of a few alternative/spiritual/holistic therapies/healers.
They were very different in all of their approaches and teaching.

My favourite was a kinesiologist because i felt it more of an intergration between spirituality and science.
I was drawn to the practical, down-to-earth, common sense approach.

I had a strong reiki teacher, i loved reiki ♥♥♥♥♥ :),
a strong shiatzu teacher too.

Acupuncture wasn't too helpful for me, neither was cranial osteopathy.

I have some more to recall at some point.

Last edited:
H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
i had rieki once.

Kerome

Kerome

The problem is, finding a good one is difficult. For every Meesters there are a hundred pretenders or people who try to make a business out of it without feeling a calling. I used to know some people through commune connections who kept in touch with the word of mouth, but quite a few of them have now become therapists and i don't really want to go in that direction.

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My sister had reiki done by a friend that is 'qualified' in it. It was interesting because my sister is a strict atheist and staunch non-believer in anything like that :rolleyes:

However, after eventually being talked into it, she found it an amazing experience! She felt an overwhelming emotional release and she said that tears uncontrollably poured down her face afterwards. She said she was left with a wonderful feeling of inner peace and calm.

It was also strange because she said that during the reiki she saw an intense flash of white light. Before she mentioned the light to her friend, her friend told her that a white spirit had visited while she was working with my sis.

Normally I would be very sceptical of stuff like that. I know my brother had it done a few years before and he said he felt similar to my sis, and that the reiki healer said a dead relative had been there and described exactly what they looked like..but my bro is gullible so I shrugged it off as hokum. But my sis is definitely NOT easily fooled at all and yet this truly threw her!

I will definitely get round to trying it.

What about you Kerome?? have you ever had reiki??

Kerome

Kerome

Often those kinds of things are a sign, that maybe a more spiritual turn in life is waiting to arrive. I hope your sister actually did something afterwards, besides putting it away in the mental locker marked "amazing experiences".

No, I've never had reiki. My father has done the beginning reiki training, and I think he gave one or two sessions a number of years ago, but he then gave it up and said it wasn't for him.

I may have to try it, if I can find a good practitioner. There must be some in Amsterdam, which is not that far away.

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I hope your sister actually did something afterwards
Yeah, she fell in love with a good friend of her's, moved somewhere new, and has just had my Nephew=) He is named after one of Mars' Moons (she always was a hippy:rolleyes:) They are talking about taking off and travelling Europe in the fall - so it's all good.

She is already an amazing Mum to my 9 year old Niece, who when I saw her last week, we made daisy chains and she got me meditate with her=D When my Niece had reiki, the healer told her that the whole world was her friend=) and she's not wrong - my Niece is such a bright light!

I believe everything my sister gained was to pass on=) it has always been her way :hug:
But yeah, of course it's been put in her mental locker, marked "amazing experiences" along with all the others I suppose :)

C

clarabow

Hi all, here's my 2pence worth.

I had Reiki done last year by a qualified practiciioner. However we had known each other in a different capacity prior to this, I was a Tutor for her child. I think this may have inhibited me and the experience somewhat as I found it very difficult to relax. I was disappointed that it didn't have much effect on me, but as I said, that was down to me being so uptight rather then her skills. I would like to give it another go at some point in the future as I very much feel the need for alternative therapy as opposed to conventional methods.
I also attempted Meditation as a way of calming my frantic mind. I went to a free Sahaja Yoga Meditation Meet Up about 18 months ago. The session went on for about an hour and a half and as there was a lot of theoretical content and watching of a DVD, I was put off. But when I went to bed that night I did feel somewhat different, like something Spiritual was happening, I have a vague recollection of spontaneous heat all over (not hot flushes :) ). I also have trouble sleeping and have done for may years, that night I had an extremely restful sleep. I know I have to explore much more because I have great faith in meditation and being open to positive sources.