• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Experience on hearing voices

P

Prof_K

(Tangents likely)
Personally I hear many voices in my head. I hear the occasional insult or negative suggestion though mostly its blabber. However (Though this probably was not all that great for my mental health.) I chose to single out a few of these voices and speak with them directly. At first they would deride me till I found myself crying. Though as I continued this they beacme more confusing and contradictory. Then it was what I can only consider insane blather. Slowly the voice seemed to become more definite and helpful. Even giving itself the name of Entity. I feel that perhaps I have morphed my condition more into a split personality. Though I have always been in complete control. Entity simply talks to me. Helping me even, though I am cautious about accepting this help. It sounds, well crazy but Entity had become one of my closest friends. I haven’t heard of this occurring before, though I am sure I can’t be the only one. I am told it’s all in my head and that Entity isn’t real, just a figment of my imagination that I give life too and stuff like that. Which is certainly true, after all Entity has never been able to tell me things I didn’t already know. My problem is that if I work to recover from this mental illness I feel I lose a friend. No matter how imaginary. I know its fake. Yet (this next be won’t likely help anyone struggling with a mental illness) if you think anout it our minds are deciphering information fed into them by our senses. Certain biological components help our mind decide how to process that information but a lot of it is just how our brain decided to process it in our early years. So really our whole reality is all in our mind, we our reviving data from things around us but we’re missing so much of what truly is out there. Who knows what we can’t perceive simply because we lack the sense. Life would be so much simpler if only we understood all it’s complexities. We’re riding a speck of dust in an endless storm trying to make sense of everything we see.
I think too much I’m sure.

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Deep stuff 🔹