• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Experience of CBD for anxiety?

L

Lottie_H

I have heard a lot about CBD and how it can help manage anxiety. I have recently bought some for my brother (he has PTSD) but we don't talk much about feelings and I don't feel comfortable talking to him about my own experiences. It seems to be helping him a little, but I am wondering if it would be any good for me?

I have health anxiety and part of this is a fear of allergic reactions. So for example I can be eating something and I will suddenly panic that the sensations I am feeling in my mouth are a sign of an allergic reaction (for example, a tingling or burning from spicy food). Has anyone else used CBD to manage their anxiety and can explain the actual feelings and sensations this causes? I am keen to try it but don't want to go into full meltdown!!!!

For reference, this is the one I have...

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i've taken cbd for my social anxiety, my anxiety in groups, maybe it's helped maybe a placebo would help i don't know, i suspect old fashioned dope would help in the long term old fashioned dope is dangerous

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
took cbd oil yesterday to handle group now depressed maybe come down off it

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

It gets a lot of hype but no real evidence. For now, it’s mostly based on personal experiences or manipulative marketing in my opinion.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
one thing it's expensive if used regularly and i'm on low benefits with a chance they may be cut further, as one women put it about psychiatric meds you've got an unlimited supply

nomask

nomask

I found CBD helpful for my moods and other stuff, but not noticeably for my anxiety. Everyone's experience is different, though. The problem with CBD is it may very well work, but the effective doses are usually high and therefore, very very expensive. Though, I don't know how well the capsules work.. All I know is that tinctures and vaping are most effective.