Exhausted Uni Mature student

S

StressedOutEnglander

Hi, am here because after 2 years of hard study, failed relationships and middle working life trauma I have had a nervous breakdown with panic attacks, high blood pressure. critical obesity. sleep apnea and a family crisis where all the vultures are circling to profit from my and my Fathers eventual death.

On Propnanaol 40mg x 3, Diazepam 5mg x 1, Risperidone 0.5mg x 2 (per day)

Also addicted to painkillers, hayfever tablets and anything to reduce the burden.

Lucky to be on disability welfare but was disabled before all this kicked off. Just one of the thousands of disabled people in the UK which the Conservative Government is adding to is death toll scoreboard. That and a crazy gold digging mother who is trying to fill her own pockets by causing intentional stress via my lazy brother who is a 27 year old who has never worked a day in his life.

in short im looking for solutions to fix diet, loose weight, get rid of stress and anxiety and just push toxic people away from me.

if you can relate drop me a line.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I would suggest a plant based diet. This will help you get your health back.

Dr Neal Barnard is a good advocate:
YouTube

exyz

exyz

:welcome:
Hello there glad that you found us. You sound as though you are really struggling and propping yourself up with meds to cope.

The study is retrievable with the college. Take a break from it for now, until things start to sort out a bit.

Most of your difficulties, from what you say, is due to some pretty awful relationships with family.

I'd suggest, going on what you have said, that: you need to try and sort this family stuff. Do you have to be so involved with mother and brother?

I hope it helps being here :)

S

StressedOutEnglander

:welcome:
Hello there glad that you found us. You sound as though you are really struggling and propping yourself up with meds to cope.

The study is retrievable with the college. Take a break from it for now, until things start to sort out a bit.

Most of your difficulties, from what you say, is due to some pretty awful relationships with family.

I'd suggest, going on what you have said, that: you need to try and sort this family stuff. Do you have to be so involved with mother and brother?

I hope it helps being here :)
cant be arsed with my mother to be honest. she had her 3rd chance to be a decent parent but she is a toxic person. i've disowned her.

my younger brother is 27 and acts like a child. just offered him £1000 to move into a reasonable 2 bed up/down. he refused because the house doesnt meet his strict criteria. hes basically a entitled millennial bum that has milked my father to near heart attack and thinks everyone owes him something.

i see now neither of them take responsibility so they both can sod off. not interested.

God can judge me for abandoning them.

S

StressedOutEnglander

I would suggest a plant based diet. This will help you get your health back.

Dr Neal Barnard is a good advocate:
YouTube
trying plant based but annoys me that supermarket only gives salad greens which have 3 day shelf life.; they always send out old stock on delivery and i live in a remote village with no car

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

trying plant based but annoys me that supermarket only gives salad greens which have 3 day shelf life.; they always send out old stock on delivery and i live in a remote village with no car
I don't know your situation as to whether you can get out or not, and August is a good time to go foraging for good healthy greens I've got books on it although you'd need some knowledge which is edible, the books will help you with identifying plants and I'd avoid mushrooms unless you know what they are. There are plenty of blackberries about right now.

R

Roseessa

I think you did the best thing in disowning your mother and you should definitely do the same with your brother but kick his butt first and tell him to stop being lazy.
Really he didn't go for it because of his criteria. What are his criteria?
What exercise do you do at the moment?

A

Aurelius

Sounds like you have done the right thing. Do not feel that you have abandoned your mother and brother, as this is not true. You have simply put the ownership for their lives, problems and solution-seeking back where it belongs (with them). You now need to look after and care for yourself and there are some good suggestions for starting points already posted here.

Be kind to yourself - you have been more than kind to others.

S

Skynet

Immerse yourself in your university studies and cut out people you don't get along with. That's what I do. :D

unspoken-words

unspoken-words

Immerse yourself in your university studies and cut out people you don't get along with. That's what I do. :D
That will be ok in the short term but in the long term if you cut people out of your life it will increase your mental health problems , communication with society is the No.1 priority if you want to move forwards and free your mind , having had long term experience as a community health volunteer I have discovered that many people that claim they have mental disorders or boast that they have "attempted suicide" are nothing more than frauds , they just prefer to wallow in their own self pity and will use mental health as an excuse to avoid social contact and to take advantage of the £££ benefits system in the UK , the genuine people with real problems want to get better and improve their own lives.

Last edited:
A

Aurelius

That will be ok in the short term but in the long term if you cut people out of your life it will increase your mental health problems , communication with society is the No.1 priority if you want to move forwards and free your mind , having had long term experience as a community health volunteer I have discovered that many people that claim they have mental disorders or boast that they have "attempted suicide" are nothing more than frauds , they just prefer to wallow in their own self pity and will use mental health as an excuse to avoid social contact and to take advantage of the £££ benefits system in the UK , the genuine people with real problems want to get better and improve their own lives.
Sadly, I have known too many people who suffered far longer than they needed to before seeking help because they feared being judged in this way.

Knowing when we are ready to change something in our lives is one step. It is like taking medication to deal with our symptoms.

Knowing what it is that we are able to change, that is a completely different proposition and one that often confounds us. Even when our symptoms are under control, we still have our impairments. Sometimes challenging those is enough to bring our symptoms back. The more times this happens, the more we doubt ourselves and self-doubt can rapidly undermine who we feel we are, who we want to be and everything we try to do/achieve.

S

Skynet

It's just that some relationships cannot be mended, and it's best to accept that and move on.