Exercise

B

billym4467

Exercise, i keep hearing its good for depression so I'm having another go. tried before (cycling) but I'm so unfit and live in a hilly area i gave up. i had a big birthday recently so put the money i got towards an electric assisted bike. went out on sat and sun, dint go far about 3 miles. but was quite cruft Sunday as i did the big bank without getting off and its pretty steep.

fingers cross i can keep it up lol

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

yeah well done you for making the effort as it does take effort. being outdoors is good. it may take a while to feel the benefits as its taken a while to be like you are now.

hey loving the idea of a battery bike. :cool: what about taking a small ruc sac and putting a small flask of hot drink and a nice sandwich. hey make a day of it. there are always nice places to sit.

how is the bike doing up them steeeeeep hills?!

i like you am also trying to get out more.

B

billym4467

Thanks, yes helps on the banks but you still have to peddle lol. And it has different settings but once you get above 15 mph it stops helping lol

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

ah ha i went out shortly after sending that post and have not long returned. went and had a meal and then sat on a park bench on the way back and watched the scenery and the birdies. and had me a flask of tea which was nice as it was starting to get chilly but still very nice though.

your bike sounds really fab. is the weight of the bike heavy because of the battery? i would like one also but i have no where to keep it.

B

billym4467

yes its quite heavy, been out again and did 5 miles. it has 4 assist settings and being honest i had it manley on 1 and 2 till the big bank then i used 4 lol. 5 miles 21 minutes isnt to bad i think

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

very good indeed! i used to enjoy cycling when i was younger. got a 21 gear mountain bike that i never use lol!

its so nice to get out and away from it all i reckon

S

SJLPHII

Be sure to have food prepared to eat just after cool-down. Low energy from no food + exhaustion go hand-to-hand to produce most unbearable depression for me.