• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Exercise thread-what have you done today?

N

natalie

I managed to do some working out though my legs were absolutely very painful, owing to arthritis, so I couldn't do the usual bending squat motion move of legs, to tone the thighs. Never mind, I'll try during th eweek, without having had rain.

Looking forward to having a word with fitness teacher and also trialing my first session for free all being well on Thur sday.

Z

Zoe1

they say to push through the pain don't they
I've been told that because of my MHI
that I'm being more anxious about it
than a normal person would be

doing something thats fun helps

N

natalie

I have done a workout. My knee was still niggly, and very tired, combined what with the workout and the central heating on, oh yes, for the newer extension part of my home, I aborted safely again, groan, the remainder of the workout session.

I'll reboot and try again, parents shall be out in the afternoon.

Have a good day all,

Best regards all.

AnxiousE

AnxiousE

been a while since I've posted here, but contrary to what H says/thinks, I do do some exercise. Tonight was arms, shoulders, and some stretching. Night before last (i think) I did 60 minutes of cardio; walk, jog, skip, hopping, and dancing. It's the longest cardio sesh I've done in a long long time. That being said, I hadn't done much cardio in like over 1.5 weeks, so it was greatly needed. I felt great that night and yesterday morning. :)

N

natalie

I did manage I don't know how i managed it, mind you, my contemporary dance workout with a bit of traditional aerobics.

I hope tomorrow, and I gain better sleep, even if i woke at 4am, woudln't be too bad, however a t 3am, I was annoyed. So therefore, and to workout for mental health reasons, I shall do an extensive traditional aerobics, and contemporary dance workout, I'm not too sure when, most likely, over the weekend.

Best regards all.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

Following on that we had at home externally, outside, arueful awakening, of a extremely low and loud helicopter, I am going to try to co-ordinate to safely kick s tart my workout, from 5am.

I will need a maximum of 2 hours timeframe, for traditional aerobics, maybe some salsacise, and also contemporary dance aeroibcs, and toning. This is anyway, indoor working out in a thome, along to my fitness training dvds.

Have a good evening /overnight all,

Best regards all.

C

Candy555

Basically what the title says. I wanted to make an official exercise thread for the entire forum. Tell us what you've done today or chime in with cheers of encouragement. I know it helps motivate me when i know others are working with me or cheering me on!
Let's get fit and healthy!
I find it so hard to motivate myself to do anything including exercise.I don't go out so I need to try exercise in house.Does anyone have any good tips how to get motivated to start exercising? I know how important it is to exercise but just can't get motivated😩

Z

Zoe1

find a video that inspires you Candy555

on youtube or on telly or I think the NHS are doing some
could be an exercise video or a dance video
there is so much to choose from

N

natalie

Hi Candy555,

I would advise that you start out by doing chair exercise, if you have advd player avaialable.

Chair exercising is a very good way to workout and to get motivated on a regular basis.

Or, if you are able to move about quite a bit, you could try doing low impact salsacise dvds,

jajingna

jajingna

Long walks lately, an hour or more anyway

Ozymandias

Ozymandias

80 situps (2x40) and a 2 minute plank. I want to get up to 100 situps per day.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I couldn't withstand a full 2 hour workout session, today. So instead, I just and was very able to do my chair exercising workout. Which always takes up to 3 quarters of an hour.

Hopefully, this afternoon, during which parents will be out all being well, and temperatures having climbed a bit, I'll do my low impact salacise workout.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I slept very well overnighter, annoyingly so, that I couldn't get my workout done.

Hopefully, parents shall be out shopping t his afternoon, I'll try to workout then.

Have a good day all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.