Exercise for Biploar?

M

Miss piggy

What’s everyone’s experience of using exercise to manage symptoms?

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Exercise is helpful but if like me and it doesn’t seem to make that much difference then I just kept on with it the exercise that is. When drugs don’t work and they give you side effects at least with walking you don’t get negative side effects and you get fitter.

Its not just exercise but being outdoors for at least an hour each day and more helps

M

Miss piggy

Hi and thank you for your reply. I agree being outside is invaluable. I’ve been told I’ve caused my latest bipolar relapse was caused by not getting enough exercise. I’m thinking exercise is more a wellness tool than a cure? A certain person made me feel very bad about it though, and blamed me for my current presentation. He’s gone now. Thankfully. And I already feel much brighter

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

ah but meds dont cure imo but walking and the outdoors give you a gradual inner recharge/vitality. drugs on their own cant do this.

walking is free! and you can do as much or as little as you want. and its great to see the changes going on in nature the hedgerows the birdies singing and flitting about.

ultimately your health is your responsibility and no one can really tell you..

G

goodgollymiss

Hugs. Another fun thing to do is to buy a plant or mushroom identification book. It is also called a biological key. There are some online. (such as mushroom expert)

M

Miss piggy

Hugs. Another fun thing to do is to buy a plant or mushroom identification book. It is also called a biological key. There are some online. (such as mushroom expert)
That’s a cool idea, thank you. I did a horticulture course two years ago and revamped my garden. Gonna try and get out as much as I can. Really struggling at the moment though. Just feel so unwell xx

G

goodgollymiss

Gardening is like a personal wonderland. I've seen so many odd bugs in there.

M

Miss piggy

It is. Thanks for your advice. Spring will be here soon and I’m gonna create a safe haven xx

M

Miss piggy

Although last time I decided to do that I dug up my garden in the middle of the night 😂 seemed reasonable at the time xx

G

goodgollymiss

Lol. What a nice picture. You are welcome! Although, if you need help identifying anything, I can try to help. :). Ok. Guess I should give you a break for a bit. I know you are busy on the forum :)

M

Miss piggy

Not busy really. Just trying to keep talking because I’m unwell today. Started back on meds three days ago and I’m in some kind of class/A flu like state. Feel horrid. Just rang the Samaritans xx

G

goodgollymiss

I know. It's so hard to snap out of it. I wonder if hypnotism would work. Russell Brand was talking about a pain free hypnotism birth method on facebook.

M

Miss piggy

I’d give just about anything a try right now, if I could lift my head off my pillow. Feel god awful xx

G

goodgollymiss

There is a good show on called "the view" or "the talk". It may be on youtube. Also, there are free university courses on the Coursera website.