• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Exercise doesn't necessarily help with depression

D

Dollit

Sorry Lucid - I get all this stuff as part of a job I used to do and don't think twice. I'll find another link.

lucid scream

lucid scream

that one works.

excercise just makes me feel better in general. there are several factors there besides simple (ha) brain chemistry. your physically healthier, have a better self image and it gives you a little rush to get on the scale and see youve lost some wieght, if thats what your up to.

D

Dollit

I must admit if I feel sluggish a good long walk will usually get me going again but if I'm really ill then there's no way I'm getting out of the chair.

lucid scream

lucid scream

true. motivation is sometimes impossible.
sometimes i think maybe i need like a drill instructor, lol, but id just end up telling him/her to f*** off.

maxitab

maxitab

I wonder if the results are better in the case where exercise is monitored because of the relationship set up between the person monitoring and the client? It is just a thought, but this factor is significant in all other forms of therapy and healing.