• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Excluded from school

S

switch

Watching this program on BBC3 about children excluded from school and this place called the Bridge is the only place that will take them. The attitude and behaviour of the staff is disrespectul and demeaning. They speak to the children like shit. What's worse is their physical behaviour - they don't hesitate to grab, drag, pull and shove the children. Its making me angry.

There was a staff member in the corridor and he wound up a girl because she threw a bin and he just ratcheted up her anger and cornered her like she was his prey. He just followed her everywhere and spoke bullshit leading up to grabbing her. It was like he had a perverted interest in violence against her. Then he finally grabbed her and she screamed and screamed and she tried to escape and he wouldn't let go.

Anyway it reminds me of the mental hospital, me being assaulted there for refusing to take medication. They hurt me so much. Being assaulted by authorities is the ultimate disrespect. I felt degraded and worthless, like a piece of shit. I wouldn't treat an animal like that.

It just makes me sick how assault is termed as restraint and for your own good. I think these people are attracted to positions of authority because they get off on hurting people. They enjoy their own violence.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

You've got a point. Positions like that are bound to draw in a few bullies or the kind of people for whom violence is acceptable or deemed appropriate.

It makes you wonder how they get away with it really. I'm glad I didn't watch it and I'm sorry that it reminded you of such a bad time in your life. I hope you are okay.