• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Excessive worry and ruminating has caused me to have a breakdown? How the hell do I recover from this?

L

Loyalgooner

Hey guys

As mentioned in my previous question iv been very scared from replaying certain trauma over and over for the past week.

Trouble is I think it caused a breakdown eventually and it got to the point I was so confused, dizzy and have awful headache.

Is there a way to get past this and have u ever had it before?

S

sab1978

This has happened to me this year. Something traumatic happened and then covid lockdown came, and I just kept replaying the trauma over and over again without any distractions or ability to escape from it even temporarily. Would it be helpful for you to share what your trauma was? You can post it on here or even just write it to yourself. For some reason, writing it out helps get it out of my mind. If I don’t write it out, the thought loop never stops and eventually I get to a breakdown.

L

Loyalgooner

This has happened to me this year. Something traumatic happened and then covid lockdown came, and I just kept replaying the trauma over and over again without any distractions or ability to escape from it even temporarily. Would it be helpful for you to share what your trauma was? You can post it on here or even just write it to yourself. For some reason, writing it out helps get it out of my mind. If I don’t write it out, the thought loop never stops and eventually I get to a breakdown.
Hi there thanks for your response. As mentioned this drama just has kept going round and round for the past week and I have thought about over the past few years but it is over a memory of a serious bully High School who threaten me 10 to 12 years ago go after I did many stupid things which embarrass myself but couldn't take his torment anymore or and told him enough was enough and if you didn't stop my brother could deal with him with his gang.

This was obviously not true and he discovered that so it just feel the fire of him tormenting me and making fun of me for being weak and would then proceed to to harass me even more or which became too much.

Anytime I'm reminded of this which I think was triggered by my mum going back to to her hometown which is where I went to school it has sent me into panic mode of endless mixed emotions mainly fear and regret which is difficult to stop op.

T

TearyEyedx

Hey guys

As mentioned in my previous question iv been very scared from replaying certain trauma over and over for the past week.

Trouble is I think it caused a breakdown eventually and it got to the point I was so confused, dizzy and have awful headache.

Is there a way to get past this and have u ever had it before?
I have had it before. I was in the subway in New York, and I couldn’t remember getting from A to B, it was all a blur, I remember getting slightly nervous, also a headache and felt so faint. It was like some weird dream and I couldn’t wake up. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me in a public place. I felt everyone could tell I was having a panic attack.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4