• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Excessive sleep+depression+OCD= lost

• Thread starter Endthestigma111
  • Start date
E

Endthestigma111

Im going to try and make this post as concise as possible. I am diagnosed with major depressive disorder and severe contamination OCD. Ever since Covid began I started sleeping a lot. Now, almost a year in, I am sleeping for 16 hours usually at a time. Ive slept for 2 days a few times (not straight thru but with a couple of wake ups in between). This is making my depression much worse. I have no motivation to break my sleeping issue and nothing is helping me. On top of this all, I have severe contamination OCD where I wont touch things without a glove and anytime i touch something i wash my hands vigorously. My moms on my case and doesnt understand that I cant help this bad routine I am stuck in. Ive been in therapy for awhile now, it is not helping. I want to stop going and some days I cant seem to find the bigger picture to all this. I dont know what to do or where to turn. Nothing excites me. I am beginning to think even my small circle of friends dont care. I am angry at the world. I dont want to keep struggling in a world where everything is based on me trying to survive my mental illnesses. Some days I want to just move away but then ill have even less human interaction than i do now. Please help

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
Are you taking medication?
when depressed I sleep loads
medication does it too
it is also winter. Have you tried a sad lamp? Light box
it's essential to get outside for a walk before midday for vit d etc

K

karl7

Im going to try and make this post as concise as possible. I am diagnosed with major depressive disorder and severe contamination OCD. Ever since Covid began I started sleeping a lot. Now, almost a year in, I am sleeping for 16 hours usually at a time. Ive slept for 2 days a few times (not straight thru but with a couple of wake ups in between). This is making my depression much worse. I have no motivation to break my sleeping issue and nothing is helping me. On top of this all, I have severe contamination OCD where I wont touch things without a glove and anytime i touch something i wash my hands vigorously. My moms on my case and doesnt understand that I cant help this bad routine I am stuck in. Ive been in therapy for awhile now, it is not helping. I want to stop going and some days I cant seem to find the bigger picture to all this. I dont know what to do or where to turn. Nothing excites me. I am beginning to think even my small circle of friends dont care. I am angry at the world. I dont want to keep struggling in a world where everything is based on me trying to survive my mental illnesses. Some days I want to just move away but then ill have even less human interaction than i do now. Please help
ive had that experience of major depression and excessive sleeping.....i just want to reassure you taht this depression will pass, i was so hopeless myself when i had major depression but what i would have want ed then is for someone to reassure me that the depression will pass. You will get better, trust me