• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Exceptionally rapid mood changes.

Wishbone

Wishbone

What was the one that you were on that didn't agree with you? Was that Lamotrigine?

C

CabbageMama

Lamotrigine is a wonder mood stabiliser for most, but didn’t agree with me. I have been off that 3.5 weeks. But given that it was (clearly!) that that was making and keeping me so depressed, I can drop the antidepressants. Which are probably responsible for my mood whizzing up and down, as the Pregabalin wasn’t a good enough stabiliser. And also, the antidepressant was employed to combat my feelings from the Lamotrigine, which has now stopped, ergo, I shouldn’t need the antidepressant.

D

DimpleDebz

Completely. Diagnosed as rapid cycle bipolar II and borderline. Do you go through a lot of rage?
I do 🙋🏾‍♀️ Diagnosed Rapid Cycling Bipolar and Borderline. The rage is a daily struggle. I nearly punched the GP secretary because she made a remark about how scrunched up the letter was that I gave her to photocopy. I'm glad I've gotten much better at hiding it though. You wouldn't even believe that such an inner struggle is happening but it does take hours before it subsides

Nutsy

Nutsy

I've been through periods of rapid mood cycling. At its worst I was changing every 30 seconds to 5 minutes, and that was hard to deal with. It also made life hard to live, it was extremely difficult to just do simple things like go to the shop.

Mostly though I was cycling every half hour or so. Extreme euphoria to floods of tears to extreme anxiety to restlessness to.. you get the idea.

Meds evened me out, and even though I'm on totally different meds now I rarely mood cycle that rapidly anymore. It still happens but not often and it doesn't go on for days and weeks like it used to.