• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Exams + Depression = ???

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
Hey,

To cut a long story short, I have my exams like this week and have had no energy as I call it to do any work due to severe depression (I have councelling) I need to get myself motivated cos i REALLY want to get into Uni.......but i just CANT does that make sense? :(

Has anyone got any ideas? :unsure:

C

D

Dollit

Try doing things in short bursts and giving yourself a little treat each time you reach a goal. Try to get outside for a walk or a sit in the garden to refresh yourself. Any chance of a study partner for some mutual encouragement? And :welcome:

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
cheersies

i shall try it tomorrow morning

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
OK...so i didnt this morning

whats the point?

have also just found out that my sisters been going behind my back..didnt need it and it seems to have pushed me a tad further :cry:

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
Going through my stuff and reporting back to mother.....theyve been having little 'lets talk about her fests'..............................annoyed me something chronic - i never thought id have to deal with them talking about me like that:cry:

seeing as the sister is depressed too, i figured she of all people would get it....but apparently her job is to make it all harder :(

D

Dollit

My older sister seemed to exist to make my life miserable. Her and my mum and really close and I'm not close to my mum. My sister and I have improved as we've got older but they don't understand me. Very few people do.

How old are you? :hug:

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
17 - shes 19 with 5 month old baby lol. i was always the 'good one' :LOL: doesnt make sense why they should be doing this to me?

D

Dollit

If your sister has a baby that changes things for her. Her and your mum have much more in common because they're both mothers. It seems to be the fate of our sisters to get up our noses as we grow older. I felt as though my whole life was an open book and they never got a thing right when the family speculated about me. It was really wide of the mark. I think sometimes families just are. :hug:

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
Still doesnt justify it though..?

D

Dollit

No. If you don't want her going through your stuff you have to make sure she can't. You can't stop your family talking about you because that's what families do, it's the law! What you have to do is accept it as one of the things that you can't change and find your way through. It's not easy but nothing worth something ever is. :hug:

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
its not the fact that they talk about me - its the fact that they need to know every little detail about everything. also, they read too much into everything, its like they dont expect me to have a life.

D

Dollit

I know, it's like you can't breathe without someone analyzing it. It's not much consolation but I know people who are going through that with their families now. My mother is probably talking gutrot about me now. Learn to be at peace with yourself - and you have lots of time to do it in. When you can be peaceful with yourself what other people say doesn't count. It's a good coping mechanism.

If you heard some of the things that are said about me you'd wonder how I managed to walk about with my head held high - really and I'm a decent law abiding citizen! :hug:

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
makes me think i must have done something to deserve it

D

Dollit

You've done nothing to deserve it. Really it's just the crap that comes with families.

Do you know if anything triggered your depression? :hug: