• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Exam stress not helping!!

C

claire30

sorry guys, i just need to have a bit of a moan.
i am doing my 1st year uni exams at the moment, and am really struggling to deal with the exams, revision and managing my ED.
its like i only have enough room for either exams or ED, not both.
I am going to fail miserably, and just hate it.

A

Affective

sorry guys, i just need to have a bit of a moan.
i am doing my 1st year uni exams at the moment, and am really struggling to deal with the exams, revision and managing my ED.
its like i only have enough room for either exams or ED, not both.
I am going to fail miserably, and just hate it.
Is it possible to retake them? I was too unwell to take my exams last year so, they were postponed a year. This gave me time not to worry about them, only revised a little at a time and gave me time to be treated.

C

claire30

Thanks for the reply,
i know it is posisble to do the retakes, but i really dont want to have to, as that would just mean i failed, and i dont accept failure very well.
My counsellor has said she will write a letter to the uni, but that means them having to know about my ED, and thats not an option either.
The exam i had on friday was awful, and i know i failed miserably on it...i just cant concentrate!

A

Affective

Hmmm

Well have you thought about a way you could balance it? For example, maybe giving yourself rewards when you achieve something? Like, say you say to yourself:"I will do two hours of revision", and if you do, you can feel better about it and then have a relaxing bath or something like that to relax and reward yourself :)