• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ex boyfriend anxiety help

UniqueKitten

UniqueKitten

So I broke up with my boyfriend last February so a year or so ago, but we stayed friends which is fine, but we saw each other every Saturday as we work all week, we texted alot or rather he did alot, it was harmless fun, and he is working hard indirectly to get me back, he has depression and anxiety and autism on the lower spectrum, and has been suicidal in the past, still is on occasions, we broke up for that reason because we were both not ready and it felt rushed, but yeah anyway, due to this lockdown covid thing we've been apart but been texting as close friends (I've got hardly any friends outside of my ex) but since the distance I've come to terms with not wanting to see him every Saturday and that I don't love I'm in that way anymore, but I feel bad for sorta leading him on but not in a huge way if you get it, he loves me still tho and is doing stuff indirectly to get me back like saying I'll do anything for you and I want to help in any way I can.

JessisMe

JessisMe

So I broke up with my boyfriend last February so a year or so ago, but we stayed friends which is fine, but we saw each other every Saturday as we work all week, we texted alot or rather he did alot, it was harmless fun, and he is working hard indirectly to get me back, he has depression and anxiety and autism on the lower spectrum, and has been suicidal in the past, still is on occasions, we broke up for that reason because we were both not ready and it felt rushed, but yeah anyway, due to this lockdown covid thing we've been apart but been texting as close friends (I've got hardly any friends outside of my ex) but since the distance I've come to terms with not wanting to see him every Saturday and that I don't love I'm in that way anymore, but I feel bad for sorta leading him on but not in a huge way if you get it, he loves me still tho and is doing stuff indirectly to get me back like saying I'll do anything for you and I want to help in any way I can.
These things happen and it’s nice that you feel bad about it. It shows that you are a thoughtful and caring person who considers the needs of others.
I guess it’s best just to let him down easy then.
It’s going to be hard I’m sure due to his history.
I’m sure you will be able to come up with a gentle way to communicate what you need to with him at just the right time. :hug: