• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Eviction

K

Hi all, I don't know where to begin, but will try, last year my husband and I asked our housing advice team (we live in a Housing association flat) for some advice about a neighbour who had been harrassing us, we tried to resolve the problem rather than exascerbating it (excuse typo). He had been listening to our conversations (in the heat of last Summer we had all windows wide open) it became apparant when he kept repeating things we had been discussing privately and of a personal nature, he also kept blasting us out with hired equipment plus entertaining his friends up to 17 at a time (in a one bedroomed flat?) (it was really bad) I was pregnant at the time and ended up spending most of my time in the bedroom with windows shut. I lost the baby at 13 weeks. My second in 6 months (my other baby was 5 and half months)

I politely asked the neighbour to stop doing this. My husband also asked him on a separate occassion...quite nicely.

The housing officer came to visit us and took a disc of noise that my hubby had recorded and rough details and suggested mediation...to which we agreed.

The neighbour continued with this tact of behaviour and took to hanging around outside all the time, I went to the CAB and they advised me we could take a photo, if it was for the prevention and detection of crime and told me it was in fact a form of harrassment/stalking. my husband who has medical problems (a very severe illness) decided one eveing to take a picture (on impluse) it ended up with my husband recieving a harrassment warning from the police!

The housing association did nt tell the police we had contacted them first, they made it look like it was my husband haRRASSING HIM. They told the police myself and my husband are under the MHT, my husband isn't under the CMHT and there isn't a file on him there. No one would listen to us, we didn't even get interviewed by the police, apparantly he and his three friends made a statemnet to the police and HA that my hubby had been verbally abusive and threatening. He did no such thing he came right in after taking the photo.

The HA association have made a big deal out of this, the guy in question works for them as a volunteer and wins garden competions, they haven't investigated our initial complaint at all, they have taken sides and they have been awful to us, we have recieved bullying phone calls and they called my daughter a miscarriage...they have also written really intimidating letters stating they will evict us and tried to force my husband to sign an acceptable behaviour contract...if he doesn't they say they will evict us.

it's so awful and I have gotten very ill

I'm under the CMHT and they having known me for most of my life, know I or my husband are not like that and they at least believe me and have been supportive, they recommended Mind and a local housing supporting company who have been present at all meetings and also can clearly see what is going on. The CAB are also involved and are trying to get the HA to communicate with them, but the HA are ignoring them...

I fear the repossesion order on my doormat at any time, I'm in a state of constant terror and have lost a terrific amount of weight (not good for a recovering anorexic, with over 20 years of severe anorexia) I have been put on more meds and am trying to eat, but the strain is killing me.

I have such terrible anxiety and feel so ill all the time.

They have now said that the guy in question put in more complaints, which isn't right, we haven't done anything!

I hope that this will get sorted out soon as I am literally hanging on by a thread.

I never imagined that Housing authorities would ever do this, they know both my hubby and I are ill.

If only I could find some strength, this shouldn't be happening to vulnerable people, it's a complete nightmare, only I never wake from it, it's always there and now the CMHT have decided it best not to put me into groups to deal with my losses etc because of all the stress issues at the moment, plus Ive been weighed by my keyworker and am so scared of getting even iller. I really feel so ill and depressed.

Sorry to use so much space telling you all this, I don't know how I'm going to get through this, I'm all out of ideas and tools for coping!

Thank you for reading this.
Kind Regards

Last edited:
mischief

mischief

Admin
Hi KarMa

Thanks for sharing what has been happening with us.

I'd suggest that you call the organisation Shelter. They have a free national telephone advice line which is staffed by trained housing advisors. You can call it free from a landline on 0808 800 4444. It is open 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and8am-5pm Saturday-Sunday.

Shelter's website has lots of helpful information. It can be found at www.shelter.org.uk

The sooner you get help on your side to sort the issues out the easier it will be. Shelter should be able to help find someone who can help you.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

A

Apotheosis

If only I could find some strength, this shouldn't be happening to vulnerable people, it's a complete nightmare, only I never wake from it, it's always there and now the CMHT have decided it best not to put me into groups to deal with my losses etc because of all the stress issues at the moment, plus Ive been weighed by my keyworker and am so scared of getting even iller. I really feel so ill and depressed.

Sorry to use so much space telling you all this, I don't know how I'm going to get through this, I'm all out of ideas and tools for coping!

Thank you for reading this.
Kind Regards
My thoughts go out to you. I am sorry to hear of your loss, & the extreme stress that you must be under.

I've been on both sides of these issues before.

I really do hope that things can work out for you.

I have a lot of issues with noise in my present flat; & I am often effected a lot by it. I've been woken up all through the night with door slamming again; & have given up with sleep at 6am.

Sometimes I think that the only solution is to move & try to find somewhere quieter.

I know how vulnerable people are treated in this country - it's disgusting.

Q

quality factor

I am so sorry to hear of your situation.

I experienced continual bullyng from my neighbours 15 months ago. I had to move in the end for my own sanity. I was fortunate to be in the position to do so. The experience stills leaves much anger in me.

The only other advice I can give is to keep a day to day diary of the harassment stating times and dates. You need to have evidence before anything will be done.

I had the Environmental Health people from the council involved and the Police. The neighbours were very crafty though and pleaded innocence to my reported complaints...it was so difficult to prove and they played on my state of mind.

I sincerely hope this situatiion is sorted successfully for you soon.

qf.

D

DELATEXT

malice

the sneering, leering creep,
that ogles you as you sleep,
who drip poison to make you weep,
he feeds on your misery,
the awful piece of waste,
mister grime, mister gray,
who never speaks to you face to face,
words can't describe his evil acts,
the bag of meat in the dirty mac,
vicious lies he repeats,
a snarling dung filled bag of conceit!!

I read what you're going through and I've dealings with similar vile rats, hope you get respite and justice

:clap: :grouphug:

S

Soren

hi KarMa,

i'm so so sorry to hear this. in fact i'm really shocked - i thought i was having a difficult time until i read your post.

maybe you've already done this, but i thought maybe you could write down everything you've said here - with all the events, dates etc - and give a copy of it to all the organizations involved. that way, everyone knows what has been going on.

in fact, maybe you could even print a copy of this web page with the replies so they know how badly you've been affected (are you allowed to do that? dunno. you could block out the names of the site and members etc. i suppose?).

i don't know whether thats helpful but i sincerely hope you manage to get them moved out of there or get yourselves moved instead.

this world is full of so many evil people, and its only when you're vulnerable in some way that you really begin to see it all for real. i wish i could march in there and sort the b*****d for you, and i bet everyone else on this forum feels the same.

we're all right alongside you.

F

familycrisis

Living with People

I find it very difficult living near people. I don't know what it is, but when every I have lived in an apartment or condo or even a house that was close to other people. They seem to want to bully to impose their will.

I had a neighbor once that came over into my yard and push my safety lights down to the ground. I understand that he didn't want them shining into his windows at night. However, I worked at night and they were to come on when I pulled into my driveway.

Point being, he could of come over and talk to me and we could of figure out a solution.

It sounds like some of the people have solutions for you that should help.

But, would't it be nice if people could be civil instead of mean spirited.