• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Evicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Malfoy 13

I'm so stressed my anxiety is through the roof. I am drinking even day to stop myself from slipping into a deep black abyss of depression. I'm being evicted from my apartment. And I only have 5 days to come up with a plan.

AdamP72

AdamP72

Memphis TN, center of the musical universe
Oh shit man. Ok, tell me about the various options you have, however unpalatable they may be. Part of the key here is going to be good use of the 5 days that you’ve got to work with.

As badly as it sucks, the sooner you determine a course of action, the sooner the anxiety will lessen greatly. Not until then though.

Pocketing of pride will also be essential.

So tell me more.

M

Malfoy 13

The only thing I can think of is go to an hotel till I find something more permanent. It would not only be me but my mother and my cousin as well and only one car between us. The only in come at the moment is mom's retirement.

AdamP72

AdamP72

Ok, very good. Will it be relatively easy to secure the hotel financially?

One additional thought. In the US anyway, you can get much better weekly/monthly rates at an extended stay hotel as opposed to a traditional nightly rate. DEFINITELY worth checking out.

You’re putting a plan together & that’s what’s going to get you on the other side of this.

How are relations between you, your mom & your cousin? Are you getting along well? (Under the circumstances, of course).

Are you talking with anyone else about how to handle the situation? Gotten any other helpful suggestions?

M

Malfoy 13

Yeah so far relations between us are good. I have been talking to some people I know for help but so far noone knows anything.

M

Malfoy 13

And there is not any other family left. it's just us 3 and two dogs.

M

Malfoy 13

Yes and no the hotel is like 700 not to bad but it's the pet deposit of 150 for each dog. We are selling some stuff hopefully that helps.

M

Malfoy 13

both dogs are emotional support pets by the way.we are still looking at some charities but so far nothing.

M

Malfoy 13

I just want to break down I don't know how much longer I can stay strong. 😭😭😭😭

AdamP72

AdamP72

There’s nothing wrong with breaking down emotionally. It’s a perfectly natural reaction to the kind of thing you’re going through. In my opinion, you should allow yourself to feel that stuff. It’ll help you process some of this stuff. Letting those feelings out can be very frightening, especially when we’re feeling so overwhelmed. It will help though. That I promise you.

It’s fantastic that you’re looking at all the logistics of the situation, the money included.

It’s certainly worth talking to them at the hotel to see what might be possible in terms of flexibility with the pet deposits. Never hurts to ask. Perhaps they’ll work with you a bit. Maybe pay one pet deposit up front and the other over time. It’s a possibility. In this sort of situation, ALL possibilities must be investigated.

I’m about to crash, man. It’s about 11pm central US time. Do what you can to keep relatively calm tonight.

Also, be careful with the drinking thing. All I’m saying is just keep an eye on yourself, brother.

PM me if you feel like it. I’ll be back tomorrow, man. Hang in there tonight. The sun will rise.

M

Malfoy 13

You are so nice talking the time to talk to me. You have no idea how much you have helped. Thank you talk soon

M

Malfoy 13

It looks like I'm doomed there is no way to pay for hotel and storage

Quijas6

Quijas6

I've been evicted before! I'm really sorry. I ended up hospitalized during the evictions proceedings so I didn't have to face being outdoors.

I also worked for an agency that helped people that were homeless or near-homeless. Do you mind saying if you're in the states? That's what I'm familiar with. I would administer a SPDAT to help people get into the housing list. Also, I would look for shelters but it's really hard if you have pets!