• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Everything you think is a lie?

P

poptarts21

Has anyone ever felt that everything you think could be a lie and not real. im young and pretty scared tbh that im having these strange thoughts, wish i could be like my friends and actually feel happy in life!

M

madsheep

Hey hunny.
I go through days, sometimes weeks feeling like that. Then something will happen that just brings me down to earth, sometimes with a hard thud. I find it quite scary too, but posting my thoughts a feelings on this forum, and just knowing that there are people out there who understand what I mean, when 'normal' 'happy' people dont... its just eases things for me. I hope you find it as helpful as I do, and any time you feel you need to talk to me PM me. I am online most days.
Take care.
Madsheep x x

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Well, if you are adolescent...you are perfectly normal...believe me. It's one of the toughest phases of life. Everything & everywhere a question.

Journaling is a good option. It helps sometimes to recall past feelings and where they came from and how you might deal with them.
Good luck & thanks for posting. Please keep it up!

P

poptarts21

Thankyou for your reply it is much appreciated. :)

Do you think it is normal then?
Its got so bad now that i think all of my own thoughts could be a lie.
So just reading your post that told me it should be a normal thing, has now had no effect because i have convinced myself that my thoughts are lies.

Its all really complicated and im not sure how to explain it.
Anyway i have spoken to my mum and we have agreed i need councilling, i just hope that they can help too, because who knows i could just pretend everything everyone says is a lie too.

Wow im fucked up.

But, thanks again x

P

Picorna

thoughts are lies...

yes, that sounds exactly how I feel, although let me elaborate.

the other day I saw my psychiatrist, and was talking to him about this. I explained it was like waking up one morning and just thinking my entire life had been some kind of illusion - but not quite like the Matrix!

I sat there thinking to myself, maybe I'm just inventing all these symptoms. How can I know? Do I have some kind of pseudo-insight, where I have the belief that I have perfect insight as things go along, but when I reflect, I know I couldn't possibly have actually had that.

Problem is, I live my life in the moment and need to stop to reflect and see what is going on. I can't spend my life reflecting and trying to figure at at any stage if what I am doing is a lie or not. Sooner or later I just revert to getting on with things until something happens and I can't understand/get frustrated/etc. and then I need to stop and think, why was I thinking like that - I've tricked myself into believing that I am telling myself the truth which I am not.

Okay, that's probably not what you feel after all now I think about it, but it is how I feel so thanks for letting me express that.

mypd

mypd

Hi Poptarts21.

You can rest in the peace that you're not alone with these thoughts. In fact, I often have to "give my head a shake" just to make sure the things I believe are true.

If I considered each thought I was wrong about bad, then it would take me down a path of despair and self hate. Instead, I consider each error in thinking as neutral. It doesn't say anything about who I am as a person. I question my thoughts because I want to be a person I am proud of.

Questioning and seeking insight from others is what has made my journey a bit easier.