• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Everything we eat has a health effect

jajingna

jajingna

I believe this too be true. You know, they say things like "packed with vitamin Q" in the ads, but ya can't trust them much anyway. Their game is competition and dishonesty is everywhere in selling.

Anyway, it seems clear that each nutrient plays a different role and thus has a different effect on the body. This fact means that nutrition is really damn complicated, and not many doctors understand it enough. There's a need to identify what each thing or nutrient does, but there are so many factors too.

We're all different and in a different state of health. I'm not sure what my point in all this post is, maybe to say nutrition is complicated, obviously so, or that we're all different, internally.

My suggestion is to find out what are actually the healthiest foods for you, that you enjoy eating also. Wait till you're hungry and eat till you're full. It seems to work for me after a mere few months.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I believe this too be true. You know, they say things like "packed with vitamin Q" in the ads, but ya can't trust them much anyway. Their game is competition and dishonesty is everywhere in selling.

Anyway, it seems clear that each nutrient plays a different role and thus has a different effect on the body. This fact means that nutrition is really damn complicated, and not many doctors understand it enough. There's a need to identify what each thing or nutrient does, but there are so many factors too.

We're all different and in a different state of health. I'm not sure what my point in all this post is, maybe to say nutrition is complicated, obviously so, or that we're all different, internally.

My suggestion is to find out what are actually the healthiest foods for you, that you enjoy eating also. Wait till you're hungry and eat till you're full. It seems to work for me after a mere few months.
Our bodies are machines in my opinion, so id agree to a point with your hypothesis

JessisMe

JessisMe

My great grandmother subsisted on a diet of canned vegetables, luncheon meats, Little Debbie snack cakes and ginger ale and lived to be 100 in good health. I think to shoot for a generally well balanced diet is a good thing but that it doesn’t make much difference beyond a certain point.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My great grandmother subsisted on a diet of canned vegetables, luncheon meats, Little Debbie snack cakes and ginger ale and lived to be 100 in good health. I think to shoot for a generally well balanced diet is a good thing but that it doesn’t make much difference beyond a certain point.
Aye id back that

jajingna

jajingna

Well, good genes certainly help, but there is concern in the health field about people getting sick, and poor diet definitely plays a big role in that.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well, good genes certainly help, but there is concern in the health field about people getting sick, and poor diet definitely plays a big role in that.
Yup good genes, a good socioeconomic upbringing, good diet etc will give you a right good chance of being a "productive m ember of society"