• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Everything is great but yet I am struggling to cope with schizophrenia

fazza

fazza

I should be really happy because I have no worries in life. Yes I am a little in debt but its manageble. My wife is due to give birth to our 4 son in august so again that is something to be happy about. I really can't cope with the running comentary in my head I have just had my haldol depot increaed to 300mg per month yet it is not touching the commentary. I hear voices coming from the extractor fan in the bathroom telling me that they are going to kill the baby and that I am evil and work for the devil. Most of the time I can fight the voices as my insight is very good but I am getting tired of fighting and I think I may be deppressed. My voices constantly say that I am evil and I should end my life. I am on 150mg of sertraline to try and help with these thoughts but it like the haldol is not working.

I am seeing my c.p.n tomorrow but we are running out of options as I have tried everything else apart from e.c.t which i would not mind trying If I thought it would work. Why o why do I feel shitty when I should be excited and happy.

Sorry for the ramble

S

secretsurvivor1

That is tough and I am sorry to hear about your struggle. Seeing your CPN is a good move. Maybe try positive affirmations? Speak aloud in the bathroom, say
"I am a good person"
"I have an exciting and happy future!"
that kind of thing. Try repeating each positive phrase maybe ten times. Look your self in the eye in the mirror. Ensure your expression and tone are convincing. This is a way of defeating that internal critic and forcing positivity. It feels awkward, embarrassing, ridiculous at first, but it can make you feel exhilarated and happy as you become convinced by the sound of your own voice. It is a positive type of brain-washing and it helps me. It is good to try before sleep and in the morning.
Don't give up, keep asking for help!

W

whosebob

I am really sorry to hear that you are struggling with the voices. Secretsurvivor1 is right. Positive reinforcement in the Key to making things easier. I do so by writing to God about good things. Whether it's my family, latest movie I watched or even a good deed that I saw someone do and I do write about heaven a lot. If you go this way keep away from negative things. Talk about you family or anything positive to reinforce yourself from the voices. The Problem with me is that I easily forget the good things that happend in my life. The voices are always forcing evil things on me. With a diary you just have to turn the page and the good memories will come back to you.

Keep away from topics dealing with the devil or anything evil. It has to be positive or else you are just bringing back bad memories.

I hope I helped in some way fazza.

Peace be upon you.

Last edited:
DavidJames

DavidJames

why do we worry?

Sometimes I feel that a lot of the low mood that voice hearers suffer with is the
subconscious mind worrying about what is going on on the surface. Makes it hard for us to get happy in the normal ways. Hard but i think, true.

I

Iforgot

Wow this is exactly where I'm at right now. Voices are crazy but life is good. Just struggling with depression from the voices. They allways make me stressed and sad in the end.

D

Deliah

Hello, all the positive thinking stuff as people have said is very good and useful. I do lots of things. I sometimes say the opposite of what the voice has said, turning it to the positive with a smile on my face and maybe feeling grateful. I do a lot of mindfulness practice. Recently I have begun to use it as an opportunity to practice patience. Often I am using grounding and taking my attention to the soles of my feel and maybe even dancing a little. The most simple and affective thing I do is just to smile. I say positive things and let them drop into my body. For example 'thank you for my successes and the successes of all others' I have found metta meditation very helpful and practicing compassion this way to be incredible. Sometimes I feed my less happy voices imaginary cakes. They are not your enemy. It is the ones which are less pleasant which are most in need of your kindness. Go to the breath. Work on breathing. Do body scans and give yourself the opportunity to live a little more in the body. love to you D xxxxxxx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Schizophrenia Forum 37
Mr.NiceGuy Schizophrenia Forum 4