• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Everything is crumbling suddenly

D

Dynostic

September last year my depression got to the best stage possible, I was on top of the world but suddenly last Friday I went to visit my father's grave on the first year anniversary and then it all went opposite. My depression is now the worst it's been and the Sunday till Tuesday after I didn't sleep at all because everytime I got in bed I'd think about suicide, now because of staying up it affected my job which I might possibly be sacked for, I'm single, no family and live in a shared house rather than my own place. Can it get any worse

I

Inie

I just lost a parent (mother) a month ago. It never get easy you just have to learn how to cope. Try to keep yourself busy with music or talking to people. People here can relate to you so you definitely are not alone. Have you sought professional help. I had to because I couldn’t function anymore. But now I feel little better I can sleep at night and taking the right meds helped and therapy. Don’t give up. Here if you ever want to vent.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I just lost a parent (mother) a month ago. It never get easy you just have to learn how to cope. Try to keep yourself busy with music or talking to people. People here can relate to you so you definitely are not alone. Have you sought professional help. I had to because I couldn’t function anymore. But now I feel little better I can sleep at night and taking the right meds helped and therapy. Don’t give up. Here if you ever want to vent.
Well said. Things can change quickly, I've seen it in my life. Even when you're staggering around dealing with hit after hit, it can change suddenly. That's why we hang on.

T

ThinkingOfAUserName

I've learnt that when one says things couldn't get any worse, life has a way of rising up to the challenge and proving us wrong. Yes, it could get worse.

Losing a parent is one of the hardest things, but one year is too soon and anniversaries tend to open up wounds. It does get manageable, I promise, but you have to work on it as well. I mean in the sense of getting help if you need it, talking about it, honoring, those are things that help, just don't go the alcohol-drug route and you'll be fine.

T

treasurebox

Know that what you are feeling is temporary and it will pass. There will be better days for you.

Listen to uplifting and encouraging music on youtube because music is therapeutic and it helps.

K

karl7

September last year my depression got to the best stage possible, I was on top of the world but suddenly last Friday I went to visit my father's grave on the first year anniversary and then it all went opposite. My depression is now the worst it's been and the Sunday till Tuesday after I didn't sleep at all because everytime I got in bed I'd think about suicide, now because of staying up it affected my job which I might possibly be sacked for, I'm single, no family and live in a shared house rather than my own place. Can it get any worse
im sorry youre having such a tough time....try to take it as easy as possible, these moods will pass, better days will come

calypso

calypso

Admin
I a sorry you are feeling this way Dynostic. I hope the following might be of some help to you:-

Please tell a friend, a family member or someone from an organisation like the Samaritans about the issues you are experiencing. If you are in the UK or ROI the Samaritans can be called for free on 116 123. If you are in the USA the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline can be contacted on 1-800-273-8255
or suicidepreventionlifeline.org In the USA and Canada 211 is a number you can use to access information about social services.

In other countries you can find similar services by looking at the Befrienders Worldwide Website at Befrienders Worldwide | Emotional support to prevent suicide worldwide

Our web page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Please do seek help as soon as possible.