• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Everything is being taken from me...

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

So I’ve suffered from pretty bad anxiety and depression for over half my life now, but over the last few months the depression has got worse and worse to the point where I just do not want to be here anymore. It all started when my parents decided to move house and I’ve been forced to go with them. I now have a much smaller bedroom, I’m so much further away from all of my friends and am constantly cold. There are so many other inconveniences that I could talk about but honestly the list would go on forever. Because it’s a much more expensive house, I’ve been forced to pay more money towards it, which I’ve agreed to, but now my parents have literally decided to buy my brother a car and give my parking space on the drive to him. Baring in mind that 1) he hasn’t even passed his test yet 2) they already bought him a motorbike that he never used 3) I paid for my car 100% by myself and have never relied on them for it and 4) I’m paying towards the house so surely the least they could do is allow me to keep my parking space. I feel as though they always place my brother above me and hand him everything on a silver platter, while I have to pour my blood sweat and tears into everything I do and still struggle afterwards. They made me get a job, but he somehow doesn’t need one, they made me pay for my own car, yet they’ve bought him one simply because he asked, they expect me to “do a bit of give and take” yet honestly it feels like I’m doing all the giving and they’re doing all the taking. They’ve taken me away from my home, my friends, my neighbourhood, and now they’re trying to take away my parking space. I hate to use the word favouritism but honestly I’ve always felt as though they prefer my brother over me. He’s always been their golden child and yet I’m seen as an emotional and financial burden. It doesn’t help that the man I love broke my heart recently, so that’s just added to the constant depression. I’m spending a large majority of my time in my room with the curtains shut, I’m not eating properly and I’m finding any excuse not to go to work. I’m on anti depressants but I don’t even think they’re doing anything at this point. I’ve been thinking about ending it all a lot more frequently because nothing in my life seems to be going right and everything just gets taken from me until there’s nothing left. I’m sorry this was all a big rant, I just really needed to get it off my chest.

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
What your parents are doing is wrong while also going through a heartbreak, is never easy. I can only send you a virtual hug :hug:

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

What your parents are doing is wrong while also going through a heartbreak, is never easy. I can only send you a virtual hug :hug:
Thank you so much, it’s just so hard to deal with and the world feels like it’s closing in on me xx

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Thank you so much, it’s just so hard to deal with and the world feels like it’s closing in on me xx
It can get suffocating, I’ve never gone through heartbreak. But I can understand the feeling of one getting to be a favorite and dissapointment. Try to focus on small things that can make you feel a little good and it can help get through the days a little. Myself have my bunnies and listening to music that keep me balanced in life.

I’ve gone through where myself isolated myself from the world and not properly eating. I nearly never left the bed and lost a lot of weight. I spent most of my days just sleeping. During that time I’m glad I had bought my bunny a few months before even though it was a bit impulsive from my part. But turned out he snuggled up on my chest or in my arms, covering me with kisses and sleeping next to me while I felt really down and empty

Try to find something that make you feel a little bit better. For me it’s pets that can bring joy to me which I had no idea before, that they would have such an impact on me.

Because you don’t deserve what you are going through. You should be treated better :hug:

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

It can get suffocating, I’ve never gone through heartbreak. But I can understand the feeling of one getting to be a favorite and dissapointment. Try to focus on small things that can make you feel a little good and it can help get through the days a little. Myself have my bunnies and listening to music that keep me balanced in life.

I’ve gone through where myself isolated myself from the world and not properly eating. I nearly never left the bed and lost a lot of weight. I spent most of my days just sleeping. During that time I’m glad I had bought my bunny a few months before even though it was a bit impulsive from my part. But turned out he snuggled up on my chest or in my arms, covering me with kisses and sleeping next to me while I felt really down and empty

Try to find something that make you feel a little bit better. For me it’s pets that can bring joy to me which I had no idea before, that they would have such an impact on me.

Because you don’t deserve what you are going through. You should be treated better :hug:
Thank you so much ☺ I’ve definitely been trying to do things to take my mind off everything, but some days are way harder than others. I often turn to my dog for comfort, only he’s not the most affectionate dog in the world 😂 it’s still nice to have him there though, and I try and go for walks whenever I can but the weathers been awful recently. I’m dreading going to work tomorrow because that can be even more depressing than being at the house, but I suppose it’s still something xx

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Thank you so much ☺ I’ve definitely been trying to do things to take my mind off everything, but some days are way harder than others. I often turn to my dog for comfort, only he’s not the most affectionate dog in the world 😂 it’s still nice to have him there though, and I try and go for walks whenever I can but the weathers been awful recently. I’m dreading going to work tomorrow because that can be even more depressing than being at the house, but I suppose it’s still something xx
It’s good you can find a little bit comfort from your dog 💕 Maybe you can see if you can find another work place, just look around a bit. I know the pandemic make it even harder to find one. Changing the enviroment can help sometimes to get your mind of things.

Taking walks is always good to do, myself often take pictures the times I rarely take a walk outdoors or go out. Just to capture the beauty of the nature or the life around me. It becomes a bit therapeutic and help get my mind off things in life.
BBF16B3A-A3A8-4C26-BA24-86B5194BF80F.jpeg
5B88EB02-C9A7-45DB-A244-C71D46B9E380.jpeg

A

Am33

Options A . You can move out find a roommates share a place . B. You can not let what your family does effect you don't let it into your mind don't take stuff personally .They are the way they are and it doesn't have to effect you . Be like a duck just let stuff roll off you like water .

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

It’s good you can find a little bit comfort from your dog 💕 Maybe you can see if you can find another work place, just look around a bit. I know the pandemic make it even harder to find one. Changing the enviroment can help sometimes to get your mind of things.

Taking walks is always good to do, myself often take pictures the times I rarely take a walk outdoors or go out. Just to capture the beauty of the nature or the life around me. It becomes a bit therapeutic and help get my mind off things in life.
View attachment 39027
View attachment 39028
Yeah I've been considering a new job for a long time now. I've been here for two and a half years and it can be extremely draining. It's an office job with very negative people which just isn't good for me, however the only reason I stay is because it's convenient/comfortable. But I suppose sooner or later I'll have to just bite the bullet and do it :) And yeah I have been considering going for more walks, taking pictures etc, and your photos are beautiful by the way :) Thank you for all the support xx

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

Options A . You can move out find a roommates share a place . B. You can not let what your family does effect you don't let it into your mind don't take stuff personally .They are the way they are and it doesn't have to effect you . Be like a duck just let stuff roll off you like water .
Yeah I've definitely been saving a lot of money wherever I can just to get away from it all, as much as I love my parents I'm finding it harder and harder to live with them on an every day basis. Thank you :)