• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Everything has changed :(

L

Livi

I have never posted like this but I just need to say something about this somewhere because i dont no where else to.

My 'depression' started about 4 years ago (about 14) & i caved in the summer when i attempted suicide. I was in hospital for about a month, didnt really help & im still waiting to see someone. I didnt feel awful being there. I thought that because i'd finally hit rock bottom there'd be some help now & some sort of recovery. I was feeling hopeful. Now im out things just feel worse than ever. My relationship with my family has changed. People look at me differently & my mum has said that because of what i did i stress her out & she needs a break. That kinda hurt but i get it, now im staying with my dad. He & my older siblings are being really supportive but i just feel so guilty to be a part of their lives & that makes these feelings worse than ever. It seems that everyone is growing but im in a permanent state of disintegration. My previous negative thoughts keep coming and I just feel beyond alone right now. I really dont know how to change things & get myself out yet another dark pitt.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi Livi and :welcome: to the forum. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling bad right now. Have you been put on any medication?

L

Livi

Ive been on citalopram since about april. I still have the ups & downs though and dont really have much confidence in them :unsure:

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Perhaps go to your GP and tell him/her how you're feeling?

J

just.me

I took Citalopram initially, if you are still feeling down then they are not the tablets for you, go back to your GP and tell them the tablets are not making you feel any better, they may up the dosage or change them.

They have had sufficient time to work now and you should be feeling better.

The fact that you feel guilt because your family is supportive signifies that your depression is not getting any better.

Have you been offered any counselling at all?

Would there be a specific reason your depression started when it did?

A lot of people don't understand depression - no one really can unless they have been through it, sad that your mother didn't.

There is support out there and you should grab any that you can whilst you can, you need someone to talk to about your feelings, someone to help you up when you are down. Your family will do that for you, they want to because they love you, because they want to see you better.

Get down the doctors and get some help.

S

starfish

dolores

i agreethat a visit to your gp would be a good idea. i was on citalopram and they did not lift my depression. i feel that if you can find adoctor you like , you can stick with him or her so that your progress can be monitored. good luck