• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Everyone here is great!

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

I joined here a couple of weeks ago and I was expecting not very helpful understanding norn intelligent members but my post anticipation was so wrong so glad I've joined. Only thing I'm unsure about is everyone on here suffering from a mental illness or not as seems everyone is giving very stable valid advice. Maybe its the stigma that we're all talking threw a screen to each other so we are better expressing ourselves, erasing any social awkwardness from face to face chats which can be so overwhelming one may not articulate their feelings and issues as efficient as to on here. I just joined from searching Google schizophrenia help sites wanting to help other's and myself this came to be most positive was hoping to find why I'm being told to sacrifice myself constantly.

jajingna

jajingna

I think the thing about a lot of mental health conditions is they are not obvious at all except to the one who has the condition, and there are exceptions for that too. Most of us look and act just like everybody else. I even noticed this on a psych ward some years ago. Only a few patients were obviously not well, the rest you just wouldn't know without knowing them better. People were sitting around being social, talking about regular stuff mostly. Hardly anybody seemed strange to me. A few exceptions like I said.

Online we can present an even cleaner version of ourselves just typing out words. But if you read through enough posts on here you'll see a lot of trouble affecting many people. It's a safe place to get into some personal stuff. Not everybody has an outlet like this with the people they live among. So many people are uncomfortable talking about these things.

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

I think the thing about a lot of mental health conditions is they are not obvious at all except to the one who has the condition, and there are exceptions for that too. Most of us look and act just like everybody else. I even noticed this on a psych ward some years ago. Only a few patients were obviously not well, the rest you just wouldn't know without knowing them better. People were sitting around being social, talking about regular stuff mostly. Hardly anybody seemed strange to me. A few exceptions like I said.

Online we can present an even cleaner version of ourselves just typing out words. But if you read through enough posts on here you'll see a lot of trouble affecting many people. It's a safe place to get into some personal stuff. Not everybody has an outlet like this with the people they live among. So many people are uncomfortable talking about these things.
That's very true everything you said I can only presume thats its a positive we're able to vent better virtually and also some things are not shareable to family members that we can try our best to open up and help one another 😊