• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Everyone here is great!

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

I joined here a couple of weeks ago and I was expecting not very helpful understanding norn intelligent members but my post anticipation was so wrong so glad I've joined. Only thing I'm unsure about is everyone on here suffering from a mental illness or not as seems everyone is giving very stable valid advice. Maybe its the stigma that we're all talking threw a screen to each other so we are better expressing ourselves, erasing any social awkwardness from face to face chats which can be so overwhelming one may not articulate their feelings and issues as efficient as to on here. I just joined from searching Google schizophrenia help sites wanting to help other's and myself this came to be most positive was hoping to find why I'm being told to sacrifice myself constantly.

jajingna

jajingna

I think the thing about a lot of mental health conditions is they are not obvious at all except to the one who has the condition, and there are exceptions for that too. Most of us look and act just like everybody else. I even noticed this on a psych ward some years ago. Only a few patients were obviously not well, the rest you just wouldn't know without knowing them better. People were sitting around being social, talking about regular stuff mostly. Hardly anybody seemed strange to me. A few exceptions like I said.

Online we can present an even cleaner version of ourselves just typing out words. But if you read through enough posts on here you'll see a lot of trouble affecting many people. It's a safe place to get into some personal stuff. Not everybody has an outlet like this with the people they live among. So many people are uncomfortable talking about these things.

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

I think the thing about a lot of mental health conditions is they are not obvious at all except to the one who has the condition, and there are exceptions for that too. Most of us look and act just like everybody else. I even noticed this on a psych ward some years ago. Only a few patients were obviously not well, the rest you just wouldn't know without knowing them better. People were sitting around being social, talking about regular stuff mostly. Hardly anybody seemed strange to me. A few exceptions like I said.

Online we can present an even cleaner version of ourselves just typing out words. But if you read through enough posts on here you'll see a lot of trouble affecting many people. It's a safe place to get into some personal stuff. Not everybody has an outlet like this with the people they live among. So many people are uncomfortable talking about these things.
That's very true everything you said I can only presume thats its a positive we're able to vent better virtually and also some things are not shareable to family members that we can try our best to open up and help one another 😊

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Hey everyone im new here. Schizophrenia Forum 7
BEASTMODEWARRIOR i learned everyone sucks. Schizophrenia Forum 14
BEASTMODEWARRIOR i think understand why everyone is going nuts for cocoa puffs, this covid 19 is not ending uhh? Schizophrenia Forum 13
BEASTMODEWARRIOR good night everyone peaceout :) Schizophrenia Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Good afternoon everyone hope everyone is having a okay day. Schizophrenia Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR this the last post for tonight everyone i wish you a great night have a good sleep tonight everyone Schizophrenia Forum 6
BEASTMODEWARRIOR through out life i was always the underdog, i was below everyone. Schizophrenia Forum 1
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Hey guys hows everyone doing, at my program :). Schizophrenia Forum 1
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Good morning everymorning everyone or good evening, heres the video of day just one today. Hope you enjoy it and learn? Schizophrenia Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Good morning everyone:) Schizophrenia Forum 7
BEASTMODEWARRIOR You know what i just realize after all this [email protected] i been going thru this weekend feeling everyone was against me Schizophrenia Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Good morning everyone hows everybody doing, its my brothers birthday today :) Schizophrenia Forum 8
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Do you feel like you want to perfect for everyone. Schizophrenia Forum 31
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Good morning everyone. Schizophrenia Forum 1
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Good night everyone im going to sleep now :) Schizophrenia Forum 4
BEASTMODEWARRIOR I promise this is going to my last thread about haters lol omg i bet everyone is sick tired already i understand Schizophrenia Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Good morning everyone! How is everybody doing today? Schizophrenia Forum 8
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Good morning everyone hows everybody doing, i hopefully well:) Schizophrenia Forum 11
BEASTMODEWARRIOR good morning everyone hows everybody doing Schizophrenia Forum 3
THE MANDALORIAN Today's lesson. Everyone feels pain. Schizophrenia Forum 9
telepathic_one Im helping everyone Schizophrenia Forum 8
fazza End or end everyone. Schizophrenia Forum 5
T Are you guys and everyone else deceiving me? Schizophrenia Forum 24
T Hey everyone. Schizophrenia Forum 88
T Hey everyone 2 Schizophrenia Forum 12
T Hey everyone Schizophrenia Forum 45
F Hello everyone - delusions vivid confusing dreams does anyone else get this? Schizophrenia Forum 27
P Hey everyone check this out. Schizophrenia Forum 2
W Hello Everyone.. I Have Some Questions I need to ask? Schizophrenia Forum 4
W Everyone goes through the voices especially when we about to die. Schizophrenia Forum 2
P Everyone acts like life is normal. Schizophrenia Forum 1
E What Ocean Do We Swim in Boys and Girls and everyone Inbetween? Schizophrenia Forum 5
Palladian Does everyone know you're schizophrenic? Schizophrenia Forum 14
HimAndSix Hello everyone..need help. Schizophrenia Forum 4
M Hi everyone, I'm new Schizophrenia Forum 14
D New here Severe negative symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 4
H new here...schizophrenic...looking for support. Schizophrenia Forum 5
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Okay guys here another video i found pretty helpful in my opinion enjoy! title (When Life Falls Apart, Does it Actually Fall Into Place?) Schizophrenia Forum 0
L To those autistics here that want to be neurotypical Schizophrenia Forum 1
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Does anyone here play videosgames on there spare time, Schizophrenia Forum 29
BEASTMODEWARRIOR The forum seems kinda dead now, im just vaping now, does anyone vape here? Schizophrenia Forum 11
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Does anyone here like to watch sports games like nfl, basketball, football, rugby etc Schizophrenia Forum 8
BEASTMODEWARRIOR I just want to say this is an amazing forum, i glad i join it, i very glad im here. Schizophrenia Forum 5
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Does anyone here workout and diet? just wondering Schizophrenia Forum 19
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Heys i love this forum there are really great people here. Schizophrenia Forum 2
THE MANDALORIAN Here is a gift to an old friend. Smile. Schizophrenia Forum 2
THE MANDALORIAN When all else fails. I travel here. Schizophrenia Forum 1
Luce Anyone here diagnosed with schizophrenia a long time ago? Schizophrenia Forum 1
L whom else here Schizophrenia Forum 7
D Looking for ANY kind of advice, I think my husband has some type of schizophrenic episodes.. and idk what im doing here PLEASE HELP US.!! Schizophrenia Forum 9