• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Everyone else has such real problems

Mr Oreo Bunny

Mr Oreo Bunny

I am kinda conflicted at the moment, I've had quite a bit of issues, including self harm, a need for order and specific things to be exactly how they should be, social anxiety, and a ton of other stuff. I'm hesitant to seek help though. Everyone else has these huge, hard problems to deal with, that make mine look like nothing. No one suspects that they have something wrong, or it's so bad that they don't realize it. I suspect i might have some sort of anxiety, as well as BPD, but that belief is making me wonder whether or not i'm just faking this all. I had some medical issues in December, and that's around where things really started to kick up once again. Am i just faking this so that i can have something to talk about??

Someone_alone

Someone_alone

Real problems are problems that affect you, so if you find these things challenging which it seems then they are real problems, If you are unsure the best thing is to talk to a professional. I hope all goes well for you <3

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

You would know if you was faking it, so I'd say no you are not faking any of it :hug:

Its like when a dog limps to get sympathy from the owner, the dog knows there is nothing wrong with his/her leg, but is doing it cause the owner gives sympathy :hug:

If the dog was really injured, the dog would know it was injured, just like you would know if you was faking anything :hug:

Another example is my older cat Tigger, she will cry if she gets the tiniest knock against her cause she knows she gets attention if she pretends to have a hurt :hug: Literally, one time the wind caught the back door and it gave her the lightest ever tap and she decided to cry about it and try tell her meowmy it did a hurt when she wasnt even bruised :love: :hug:

L

Lab rat

Your problems are just as valid as mine, my friend. They may be on different scales, but if you have a problem that’s affecting your life and you should seek help for it.

S

SandAndStars

I think everyone has real problems :) but also real heart that is hurt. Or brain or something else. Please Dont feel as what you are going throu is meaningless.
It is a good sign you want help in what ever form.
I used to think I had nothing to deal with, always putting it under the carpet and not dealing with it. So it made it worse.
If you feel a certain way I believe you should talk to someone... ☺
Lets say is like this: your consern is color blue, mine is yellow, someone elses is green. But all of them colors 😊

Lance__

Lance__

If your problems are affecting you so much, then they are very real for you. And don't feel guilty or bad for asking for help. Your problems are 100% valid.
Sometimes I am afraid too if I'm making things up, but my therapist told me that it doesn't matter if it was real-'real' or real-'in a symbolic way'. He told me that the most important thing are my feelings, and we work on that.