• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

everyday is a monday.

W

wilsano

I'm sitting in my room and trying to think of the last time i laughed or smiled and felt pleasure or that feeling where nothing else matters. I can't find it, i know it's in there but i can't find it.
I can't see the light ever returning to the end of my tunnel.

This is one of the better days i've had in the past week but i still feel six feet under.

I miss the old me, i don't feel like myself anymore.

katya

katya

That's a terrible feeling. It will get better, though; things always do. Are you currently on medication or getting any kind of therapy? Might help to bring you out of this rut. Hope you're able to surface from it soon.

W

wilsano

i've been like this for a looong time now. I just got upped to 30mg mitrazapine and waiting to see a therapist, i hate the pills i feel like they are a wall the depression can hide behind.

katya

katya

I know what you mean. I'm on 40mg of fluoxetine and, while it does feel like it numbs the extreme lows, I'm still essentially depressed. I think you're right to say it's a wall the depression can hide behind. Seeing a therapist will hopefully help; maybe the most effective thing for you is a combination of medication and therapy.

Is there anything about your current situation that you could potentially change for the better? Just to give yourself a bit of a reprieve from the sense of monotony?

W

wilsano

Yeah I think I'm feeling it much worse due to the break up of my relationship. It was 2 months ago but it still feels fresh. I let shouldn't have happened, I made a rash decision and ended it as I felt I had to get away. I think that is causing my current situation to be 10000x worse

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

i know too well that feeling all we can do is keep that hope that there will be light at the end of the tunnel xxxxxx :hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wraziel Depression Forum 2
C Depression Forum 12
C Depression Forum 9
C Depression Forum 27