• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Every time the voices appear I become a shell of my formal self.

Hello513

Hello513

In school I would be getting straight As in very tough courses, and then boom the voices would come, and I would fail having to retake the course or apply for a medical extension something in the beggining I was to stuborn to do.

Even after applying for medical extensions while I would pass my grades would still drop.

At work I would get fired for incompentency where as before I got great reviews by my bosses.

It destroyed otherwise happy and stable relationships causing no end of heartache to me.

I have been stable for sometime now. I think its been the longest since my first episode.

I have decent intelligence, and compentency when I am stable, but sometimes during episodes I cannot even hold down a normal conversation because I am to busy fending off the voices.

I become a shell of a person during an episode all the while tortured by these nasty evil sadistic voices.

Hopefully they never return, but if they do I have worked out little tricks to shorten the episodes over time.

I suppose if they ever do return I will just have to swallow my pride take time off, and get back into remmision before continuing my goals.

I don't want to live this way anymore, and if they return I will seek help. I will also make it clear to the voices they are not welcome, and use the same tricks that have worked in the past. By putting them to the test to show them for the damned liars they truly are, and forcing them to mock themselves by making them repeat what I want them to say.

They don't like when I do that, but screw them they are not welcome in my life anymore.

I am done letting them control my life.

L

likesilencebutnotreallysilent

I am glad to hear you are going to seek help! That sounds like a very painful thing to experience. It's good that you have found tricks to help. I hope you have an easier time dealing with it in the future because of this. Best wishes !!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A I have been hearing voices since 9 years Hearing Voices Forum 5
S Voices and reality Hearing Voices Forum 1
P The voices are gone Hearing Voices Forum 8
O Hearing Voices Hearing Voices Forum 23
M Often Following Rules Voices Evoke Is ... Frankly... Childish Hearing Voices Forum 2
S I miss my voices... Hearing Voices Forum 4
TimelessVortex7 Please tell me what the voices say to you. I am curious. Is it friendly or nasty? Hearing Voices Forum 47
A Hearing ringing or hearing humain voices? Hearing Voices Forum 8
M The Voices I Preceive Are Of The Spectrum Hearing Voices Forum 1
T Eye rolling and voices Hearing Voices Forum 14
BrianHorlicks Removing voices you don't want or need. Hearing Voices Forum 3
Daybreak What are the triggers for your voices? Hearing Voices Forum 3
GTP Should We Treat the Voices With Kindness and Respect When They Offer None? Hearing Voices Forum 20
GTP Are the Voices Part of Ourselves or Not ? Hearing Voices Forum 31
LORD BURT Is hearing voices really an illness? Hearing Voices Forum 12
C Voices said this is my last day without torture Hearing Voices Forum 7
V Hearing voices Hearing Voices Forum 4
S AN INDICATION OF HOW MY VOICES GIVE THEMSELVES AWAY Hearing Voices Forum 1
W The Voices are able to trigger Emotions and Urges -- Hearing Voices Forum 1
H Update - Voices, Sertraline and Risperidone Hearing Voices Forum 4
W Voices and The Movies -- Hearing Voices Forum 1
N My Story of Hearing Voices for 2 Years Hearing Voices Forum 34
W My Voices have begun to resort to animal behavior Hearing Voices Forum 9
Mr.NiceGuy The balance system and voices Hearing Voices Forum 1
Daybreak Can learning a new language help with voices? Hearing Voices Forum 6
N why voices tell you to murder and do nasty things (CIA mind control) Hearing Voices Forum 8
R Anyone here want to play League (NA)? Also believe in a spiritual cause for the voices (Discord voice) Hearing Voices Forum 7
T I hear kind voices in my head Hearing Voices Forum 7
LORD BURT Voices from hell Hearing Voices Forum 115
Daybreak A possible way to deal with voices... Hearing Voices Forum 3
R Looking for friend who also has voices / similar experience (maybe play games, or vid chat, watch movies, etc.) Hearing Voices Forum 1
R Vivid Dreams With Voices Hearing Voices Forum 1
D Hearing voices Hearing Voices Forum 3
S Follow Up To - My Voices Seem To Be Humans Part Of The Time Hearing Voices Forum 1
S My Voices Seem To Be Humans Part Of The Time Hearing Voices Forum 1
GTP Astral Projection and Voices. Hearing Voices Forum 5
Takingmybrain Where? External voices hearing Hearing Voices Forum 1
R Voices while sleeping Hearing Voices Forum 5
R Voices in my head Hearing Voices Forum 16
S An Exact Synposis Of Last Nights Conversation With My Voices Hearing Voices Forum 1
N voices are actually impressions from psychic world around Hearing Voices Forum 9
Zero One Voices and Pain Hearing Voices Forum 44
W From now on, I am going to answer to voices with aggressive images Hearing Voices Forum 11
mandy125 Religion and voices Hearing Voices Forum 15
GTP How do you deal with voices ? Hearing Voices Forum 16
Hello513 I actually still occasionally hear voices. Hearing Voices Forum 4
P How long do your voices last for ? Hearing Voices Forum 11
W The Voices want to simply make me Gay !!! Hearing Voices Forum 8
v01ce5 Understanding Voices: What is hearing voices? Hearing Voices Forum 3
one light Intrusive Thoughts and Voices Hearing Voices Forum 176