• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Every day life feels like entrapment

L

lifeisastruggle77

I am writing because lately I have been feeling very overwhelmed. I am married to a man who is a constant nag and the uninterrupted companionship since the start of the pandemic is really starting to take its toll. I cannot handle him 24/7 and it seems as though through his perspective, I cannot seem to do anything right. I am feeling trapped in my own life ... my job is incredibly stressful and my personal life does nothing to alleviate that stress.

Feeling like my life is very mechanical ... I work insane hours with insane people all to just buy things that don't even make me happy. It does warm my hear that at least I am able to help out my family financially during these challenging times ... but that's about the only ray of light.

I guess this is just my venting ... and finally looking for an outlet for my bottled up feelings of sadness and dissatisfaction.

Thank you for listening.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
you have done alot of things right

and have handled everything so far

and the vaccines are being administered as we speak, so its gonna be one hellova party in spring

J

Jakball

I am writing because lately I have been feeling very overwhelmed. I am married to a man who is a constant nag and the uninterrupted companionship since the start of the pandemic is really starting to take its toll. I cannot handle him 24/7 and it seems as though through his perspective, I cannot seem to do anything right. I am feeling trapped in my own life ... my job is incredibly stressful and my personal life does nothing to alleviate that stress.

Feeling like my life is very mechanical ... I work insane hours with insane people all to just buy things that don't even make me happy. It does warm my hear that at least I am able to help out my family financially during these challenging times ... but that's about the only ray of light.

I guess this is just my venting ... and finally looking for an outlet for my bottled up feelings of sadness and dissatisfaction.

Thank you for listening.
So is this the money doesn't buy happiness thing? You need to talk to your husband and tell him you are miserable and maybe record him talking to you and play it back for him and tell him this is NOT what you signed up for. I mean what happened? Did he change? Obviously he did because I cannot imagine you marrying someone who treated you this way. Did you just not know him? Ask him if he is happy because you cannot continue to live so miserably and maybe you guys can admit you both made a mistake and go your own ways. Being alone with peace of mind would be better than that. It sounds like a nightmare.

D

dke

You should focus on your personal life and improve things with your husband. Maybe open up about what's bothering you and see what he says.. Maybe he isn't aware of his behaviour.

T

treasurebox

It will be good to have a heart to heart and gentle talk with your husband or write him a good letter.

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube makes me feel and think better. Listen to music several times a day or whenever you can.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.