• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

every action with bad thoughts

E

elldrfw97

Hello everyone. Does anyone have this problem? It's like everytime I turn off/on the light or close the door I do that with a bad thought and until I do it with a good thought I cant stop doing it and it takes like 10 attempts or more. Can be anything, during typing,reading,even when I walk past the mirror and if I do it wrong I do it over and over again. I'm not sure it's ocd or just habits but if anyone had it, how to stop it? I think something bad will happen if I stop doing this. Thanks:)

L

Luali

Hey Ell

That is actually a much more common part of anxiety than one might think. I know someone having similar fears. And also I already caught myself with similar thoughts when having a bad phase. It's as if one tries to grasp a tiny bit of control about how things around one happen. It's fully irrational and in some ways superstitious, but feel like that's how it should be done, with positive thoughts one somehow hopes to push away the anxiety.
(Which in some way show how you make heads against your fear in the first place, it's beautiful how you want to cause just good things to happen....:))

I'm not sure if that is a helpful advice for you but I remember it has helped me to cut those thoughts immediately:

Maybe you could try to do it fully against what you fear. Like doing it wrong, letting go, understanding that has nothing to do with what happens around you.

My advice would be to just delibaretly do it opposed to what you feel...and see that nothing happens<3

I know it's always easier said then done, but sometimes one has to be a little rebelious even with onself. Free yourself from that fear by challenging it:)

E

elldrfw97

Hey Ell

That is actually a much more common part of anxiety than one might think. I know someone having similar fears. And also I already caught myself with similar thoughts when having a bad phase. It's as if one tries to grasp a tiny bit of control about how things around one happen. It's fully irrational and in some ways superstitious, but feel like that's how it should be done, with positive thoughts one somehow hopes to push away the anxiety.
(Which in some way show how you make heads against your fear in the first place, it's beautiful how you want to cause just good things to happen....:))

I'm not sure if that is a helpful advice for you but I remember it has helped me to cut those thoughts immediately:

Maybe you could try to do it fully against what you fear. Like doing it wrong, letting go, understanding that has nothing to do with what happens around you.

My advice would be to just delibaretly do it opposed to what you feel...and see that nothing happens<3

I know it's always easier said then done, but sometimes one has to be a little rebelious even with onself. Free yourself from that fear by challenging it:)
Thank you very much for replying! I really I appreciate it:з
You're right,anxiety is what I struggle with every day even if it's absolutely irrational.
And thank you for your advice. Actually started to do it today (even tho it's still a bit hard) but now I feel much better,it really helps. Thank you again:)