• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ever wanted to kill your shrink ?

D

Devon

Just curious ?

I think about it often, not that I particularly dislike him. In fact I quite like him.

I guess it is symbolic of my disgust with the system.

Generally, MH is full of shit and serves only lipservice to the people they are meant to help & support.

The staff at the CMHT look at you as if you were something unpleasant they just stepped in on the pavement.

The CPN's are wet & useless and the rest, well don't get me started!

M

madsheep

I absolutely hate my social worker. She is evil, she doesnt listen to anything I say,and she has the most annoying voice in the world. I once told someone i was uncomfortabe with her, and now everytime we meet she asks if i have had 'any more thoughts on the matter' :mad:

My psychiatrist seemed to be really nice at first. But now everytime I go to see him, he says that everything I am feeling is 'all part of it' and that that!:eek:

So yeah. I feel like strangling them both sometimes :p

D

Devon

Heh, good to know I'm not the only one.

J

jamesdean

I guess that in life the only way that you can understand something is from experience, You might have all sorts going on your headand many complications but they cannot see that just the person that presents,I look so well that people findit hardto believe whot I am telling them,the physical health teams like to blame them mh teams n the mht love to look for something physical. Only we know whot we go through.

I

ignoranceisbliss

Definitely. And let me say, he richly deserved it - wot an a******e he was, and, very likely, still is. Fortunately I no longer have anything to do with him, cos I've now joined the real world, where psychiatrists are kept in their place, and that is: out of harm's way where they can have no influence.

F

firemonkee57

Never wanted to kill a shrink or other mental health worker but there have been quite a few that i wished would be inflicted with continuous excruciating agony.

D

Devon

Just popped in again to confirm that my shrink is still alive & well.

Haven't killed anyone yet LOL (y)

D

Devon

Never wanted to kill a shrink or other mental health worker but there have been quite a few that i wished would be inflicted with continuous excruciating agony.
* points wand at CPN and yells CRUCIO!! *

Sorry for the geeky reference. :p

F

freshy

I've never wanted to kill any of them, but I was always quite uncomfortable with one. She would constantly comment on my tattoos and piercings, acting as though I got them out of impulse and made me feel like me having them was a part of being crazy.

So I guess, only people with MH issues get tats and piercings..:rolleyes:

T

takeholdofthedream

Yes always wanted to kill one of them.

(Firemonkee ooby?)

martyn6291

martyn6291

Lol!

I got offered an appointment with a PCAT nurse and im sure i left with less MH issues than her!...GRILL!!!

L

Lady Summer Isles

Not Kill but try and find a way of containing both him and my cpn(my 3rd) so they can't harm anyone else. I found out last week that my actual psych is still the one i sacked 2 years ago. I got Pals involved in doing this as he told me that I am ill because of my Pagan Beliefs. I have been seeing a differnet doc for the last 2 years who i do get on with. It was a real shock to find out last week that the other doc is still my psych and wants to see me:scared:. My cpn said if i don't see him then she does not know what will happen re my care. I'm really scared as i know i can't go and see him and fear being discharged. My husband has asked to speak to him on the phone and has written to the mental health team but so far the psych has not contacted him. My stress levels are through the roof and just to cap it all i've had a cold for 3 weeks and now have both thrush and a water infection. Sorry to rant on but am feeling really low.

Take care all

Tannith

A

Ainsworth

Tannith

ive got a simular problem, my P-doc wont see me but at the same time wont let me see anyone else! he discharged me last year without telling me.

over the phone to the GP in august he took my suspected BP dx away though didnt take me off the mood stablizer and told the GP to treat me for depression!

my GP sent me to see the CPN who says i have many problems, not just depression but the p-doc still refuses to see me!

im soo pissed that this bloke can have so much control, as he is instructing the my doctor on what anti-ds i was put on as well but wont even talk to me!

i wouldnt mind but i didnt want to go back and see him anyway! i had no rapport with him. i wanted to see another one who i could talk to.

L

Lady Summer Isles

Thanks for the reply Unremarkable. My cpn says that he wants to completely re-diagnose me. I've had PTSD with depression, anxiety, panic attacks and hearing voices for the last 10 years. I don't feel i need to have this done and was perfectly happy with the other doc i was seeing, but he isn't a consultant. Wow i didn't know they could discharge you in that way, i think thats dreadfull. You are right it's all about Contol with them. I'm worried about being discharged because i do get other support from the cmht which is dependent on me being in the system. I have a support worker and go to a hearing voices group. I'm lucky in that my husband is extremely supportive and is an ex cpn himself. As i said he has written to the team and feels that his voice isn't being listened to either so what chance do I have. Have you spoken to your gp about being referred to a different psych of do you not want to see anyone else, I wouldn't blame you?