ever think you are the antichrist?

NWiddi

NWiddi

A very common delusion on these forums, if I had a pound for every person who thought they were Jesus...

burt tomato

burt tomato

I had the Jesus delusion. Man those days were tough.

albie

albie

I find delusions fun sometimes. It's a kick to see your voices try to convince you you're the devil one day then Jesus the next. Thickos should stick to one idea.

H

harsh-reality

Its so strange - normally my mind works in same way as anyone else but on a few occasions I thought I was the second coming and for a period after realised I had failed the world so would be in the worst place in all eternity.

Was extremely frightening....

When ended up in hospital , was introducing myself as the messiah which I believed at that time and someone in there was john the Baptist and someone else was Elijiah and they were from same town as me - I believed my home town was the new Bethlehem... (I did not know then that hospital wards are generally all people from same town etc)

I say it to friends around here now and they think its amusing but at the time it truly was beyond anything I could bear - so am pleased my mind does not trick me in such a very strange and frightening way anymore.....

But my friend around here - his delusion was JK Rowling nicked his script for the Harry Potter books - at times still I believe he does genuinely think that !!!!! I obviously do not know how this delusion affects him by way of fear as mine did.

It was very strange that my mind even thought like it did with me ie Jesus - because I had no inclinations to be religious in anyways and hardly ever been to a church and not read anything since school days so was all rather baffling ….

schizolanza

schizolanza

I've never had that experience. My mindset is has been more like thinking I'm a piece of shit. Jesus loves me anyways.

H

harsh-reality

I've never had that experience. My mindset is has been more like thinking I'm a piece of shit. Jesus loves me anyways.
I often think that of myself without the excuse of being deluded though,,,,, who is jesus anyway,,, after recovering I did say to my gp that I was particularly unimpressive in my achievements given that I had been the messiah reborn....

schizolanza

schizolanza

To me and of course others Jesus is God. He's also a man.tTo many this is a delusion in itself. And this is the sort of statement that can piss a lot of people off for various reasons. Nevertheless it's 100% true.

schizolanza

schizolanza

Real Christians tend to be nuts in my experience.

H

harsh-reality

Real Christians tend to be nuts in my experience.
never a truer word said.

more people in churches with challenges within themselves than almost any other groups - I not against Christianity - but your statement above does resonate

schizolanza

schizolanza

I'm not to be the judge of who is a real Christian and who is not. But I can't help noticing that some are willing to talk about it. And some not. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

B

Blueduckie

I have experienced identification with these thoughts. I am the second Eve. I am Jesus. I am Hitler. I am the antichrist. A prophet. The false prophet. God. Devil. The woman on the beast. It can come with such strong emotion that seem to convince me the thoughts are real at the time. I also lived the apocolypse in me and experienced the destruction of my soul. Terrifying....

K

Kelly B

I didn’t think I was Jesus but I was the next best thing. My brother in law, Mike, was Michael the Archangel. He was the one who was trying most aggressively to get me help, and my dentist was John the Baptist. I actually considered making an appointment and having him drip water on my head. I’m so glad I didn’t do that. What I did do was send him a silver charm of some sort inlaid with a red jasper stone because I thought the red jasper would always protect him from evil. Everyone I knew received red jasper. My family didn’t bat an eye so I feel no embarrassment about it. But the dentist...I cringe every time I think about it. I also believed that mankind was on the brink of extinction via the apocalypse and I could save the world if I would be willing to die. Not suicide, mind you, but die by the hand of God. I was willing. So I waited around wondering how he was going to do it. Heart attack? Struck by a moving car? When that didn’t happen I thought that because I made the choice that I had, God was sparing my life. I ran around wearing a LARGE cross hanging around my neck and blessing people I ran into in town. The very small town. We had to move to a different state to get me help because where we were there was absolutely nothing. Not even the hospital in Nashville would take me because our insurance was out of network. I’m so glad we had to make that move because I cringe at the thought that if we had stayed, people would see me and I can just hear it now...”Look! Right over there in the vegetable isle...that’s the one! The crazy yankee!” Much better to be here Because I don’t know if I could handle that.

B

Blueduckie

Its like the stories of times past seek expression through us...like they come aluve in us...

I too thought i had to sacrifice myself for God.

K

Kelly B

In other cultures, we would be considered Shamans. Manic episodes are the birth of a healer. I’m those cultures they consider it a good sign from the other world. The person going through it is nurtured and guided by other Shamans to help the messenger from the other world to “merge “ with newly born healer.

J

Jules5

I wish I would have walked with Jesus in his day just to see him or touch his robe. What a man came only with peace and the promise of a better life. Jesus is what keeps me going along with the Book of Job. I would be totally out of mine if I did not have this place of solace with God and his Son.

I do not go to church I just read allot. I sure whether be with God than any other idol.

K

Kelly B

Ever stop to think that maybe in the mania a door IS actually opened to the other world? I consider myself to be rational and somewhat intelligent, but sometimes I wonder.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Yes, I wonder that too. And the psychosis door too. or portal to another world or universe or dimension.

K

Kelly B

I remember my mouth was getting me in trouble while I was manic/psychotic. I was driving back from a confrontation with my husband thinking, “I’m saying way too much”. Then I noticed the car in front of me had a vanity plate that said “shut up”. Seriously. Has anyone else ever had something similar happen? I have a hard time accepting, even to this day that it was only coincidence.