• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ever joke around with MH services?

BillFish

BillFish

A cpn called me up this morning to ask why I hadn't turned up at the clinic today.

I told her I was refusing to take medication and had barricaded myself into my house. All the while she was saying " No your not!" “Stop it, Stop it!"

I know, all good pathetic puerile fun, but made me giggle for a while.:p

T

Twylight

I've often thought of telling my psychiatrist for a laugh:

" I've packed up my meds and i'm taking crack cocaine instead and i'm feeling much, much better...

But it was only a thought

BillFish

BillFish

LoL....yes that would raise an eyebrow.

They have an American exchange student on reception at the clinic, when she phoned my house, I told her she had a very seductive voice and I couldn't wait for her to call again.....she hasn't called my house since lol.
:p

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

OMG what if they don't believe you're joking though....:scared:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Remember when i had my ears syringed and i said to the nurse "Now i can hear voices in stereo" she was on the phone immediately

S

*Sapphire*

Ha ha, a female friend I made in hospital and I had lots of fun in shocking the staff.

We once hatched a plan and played out a game there where over a period of a couple of weeks we were hinting that we were becoming 'intimate'. Little touches of the hands and purposefully vague but suggestive comments (we were fairly young then). On April fools day our joke came to a head where we pushed both of our beds together (we shared a room), put a love heart picture above the bed with statements professing our love to each other.

The staff were gob-smacked and you could tell that they were trying to be politically correct but had no idea on how to handle the situation as they had never come across it before (it was many years ago, probably won't be so shocking today- rightly so)! They totally did not realise it was April fools day!!

Boy did we have so much fun winding them up, they even discussed our so-called 'relationship' in ward round and how best to approach it! Ha ha!!

Luckily they saw the funny side when we revealed our joke the day after! :LOL::D:D:D

Last edited:
D

Devon

My brother-in-law when asked by a psychiatrist how old he was said 650 years old. When asked how come he was that old he replied "Healthy living and a comfortable coffin"

It must be hard to distinguish patient humour from genuine psychosis LOL

schiz01

schiz01

Nearing the end of one of my stays in hospital i was asked by one of the staff how i was feeling .I had just been woken up by staff and was on my way to the dinning room to have breakfast.I felt like crap and jokingly replied i felt like jumping in front of bus.Later that day when i tried to use my day pass to go for a walk down to the shops they wouldn't let me out.My treating doctor was away for the weekend and i had to wait 2 days before i had my freedom to go for a walk each day returned.

J

jamesdean

I've often thought of telling my psychiatrist for a laugh:

" I've packed up my meds and i'm taking crack cocaine instead and i'm feeling much, much better...

But it was only a thought
:rofl2: Its more than a thought quite a nice compliment I would of said on occasions ThoughI have to say.

D

dreambuggieII

I love cracking jokes, but having experienced the mental system, I would never say a word along any lines of humour.

Tis a shame, as laughing amongst other patients really helped lift my mood whilst in hospital.

J

jamesdean

has piers morgan said that the tories are so serious the nhs hasnt got a sense of humour either at least we try.

dib4uk

dib4uk

On a recent visit to see the psych. I said to him, the voices i hear arent mine, arent my alters, its not God and I'm not a psychic. I then said my wardrob is making noises.

Now when I see him again do i say now I feel back to front at times? am I coming or going???

:p

T

Twylight

One evening in hospital, just when they were bringing out supper - I went into one of the toilets and stood on the metal bin and blew cigarette smoke directly into the smoke detector - it set off the fire alarm
While everyone was diving for the fire exits - I had the pick of the sandwiches - yum - wicked !

Don't tell no one