• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ever felt sad but don't know why? What's going on :\

S

simple_rick

Hi guys,

This is my first time posting. Therapy's expensive and everyone here seems quite nice. So yeah.. I'll give this a go.

Anyways today I was feeling pretty sad.. and felt a bit nervous as well. But I have no idea why I was feeling like that :\

It's not like I was thinking about a particular thing the whole day.... I just felt down. It happens to me a lot. Usually every 2 weeks. That's my pattern. I was diagnosed Bipolar 2 when I was 18 (now I'm 36). But yeah.. this just happens.. I hate it.

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome 🙏 you will get the support on the forum. Lovely people with a lot of advice. Take care

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

You're in the right place to discuss those feelings. What you described is typical disassociated anxiety/depression. Not knowing why you are feeling that way is a common trait of that condition.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Bipolar depression sucks and it sounds like you have it cyclically. I’m sorry you are having these lows. Are you on any mood stabilizing meds for thr bipolar? I have bipolar too. xo, j

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Bipolar depression sucks and it sounds like you have it cyclically. I’m sorry you are having these lows. Are you on any mood stabilizing meds for thr bipolar? I have bipolar too. xo, j
I have bipolar depression and I can cycle within just one day. I think of what could be making me feel depressed, but I have no idea. Possibly I'm thinking subconsciously about my children, who haven't spoken to me in six years.

S

simple_rick

You're in the right place to discuss those feelings. What you described is typical disassociated anxiety/depression. Not knowing why you are feeling that way is a common trait of that condition.
that's interesting. I've never heard of that before .. disassociated anxiety.. thanks I'll look it up. yeah it is a very weird feeling... worst yet when I'm around my co-workers and talking to a group of them just feels weird lately. I also started stuttering again.. like I used to when I was a teen. Really have no idea what's happening to me :\

Maybe it's the pandemic.. it just gets to you.

S

simple_rick

no I'm not on any meds.. I was on meds for 10 years ish.. and I couldn't stand them anymore.. so I came off them like 7 years ago. I actually feel better without them. being bipolar does suck, take care.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I'm on Latuda, Lamictal, Seroquel, and Klonopin. I believe only Lamictal is a mood stabilizer.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

that's interesting. I've never heard of that before .. disassociated anxiety.. thanks I'll look it up. yeah it is a very weird feeling... worst yet when I'm around my co-workers and talking to a group of them just feels weird lately. I also started stuttering again.. like I used to when I was a teen. Really have no idea what's happening to me :\

Maybe it's the pandemic.. it just gets to you.
The isolation from this pandemic has everybody on edge. I saw my new primary physician this morning for my semi-annual physical and she said the same thing. She said SHE had panic attacks when grocery shopping when the pandemic first hit. Whenever she saw someone not wearing a facemask or wearing it wrong, she got anxious. I really liked hearing her say that, because I felt the same way early last year. I had incredible anxiety attacks when I went shopping. These are difficult times for all of us.