Ever believed that you were the messiah ?

D

dp798

I am curious to find out if anyone on this forum has ever believed that they were the messiah at any point in their lives ? And if so if they would be willing to share their experiences either in public or in private. Many thanks in advance.

L

lowinmood

Yes. First time I was psychotic and ended up in hospital, I believed that I was the messiah.

The spiritual side of me believes that this was because I was going to commit suicide and very determined, I had been hearing voices for a couple of days, one of them telling me to kill myself, on that night I started to hear a loving voice, who talked me out of suicide, I thought it was Jesus talking to me, so the day after that I thought I was Jesus. My spiritual side of me believes that Jesus did speak to me and saved me, came to me in my darkest hour.

The psychological part of me believes that because Jesus forgave everyone and was sacrificed, well due to my childhood in which I was a victim of an abuser, and the non-abusive parent, my mum, told me I needed to forgive him. So I think there was a link between feeling like I had been the sacrifice for my abuser and it up to me to forgive him and everyone else who had hurt me. I felt guilty for the abuse, and felt that if I just forgive that it would make me feel less guilty and more of a good person.

If it's psychological, the ideas we hold about Jesus and what he represents could make us identify with him and so when we get unwell and psychotic, the subconscious kicks in, and beliefs that we have been bought up with could kick in, whereas day to day we don't think like this, and tend to suppress our subconscious thoughts.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I am curious to find out if anyone on this forum has ever believed that they were the messiah at any point in their lives ? And if so if they would be willing to share their experiences either in public or in private. Many thanks in advance.
Hi,
Just wondered why you are asking this question, thanks.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Yes I did think this. i thought I was Jesus's brother. Another time i thought I was 'the one'' from the matrix films.