• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Eventually I may give up work and become a Foster Carer.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

It would be nice to adopt a kid. That way I would be a real dad.

lol maybe a good idea to live in Scotland to get the free uni fees

zula77

zula77

A dog is a great idea. My dog helped my mental health more than meds or therapy, it was amazing

S

StillDepressed

Yes, you can have pets, but they will be assessed during your initial assessment

S

StillDepressed

My parents were foster parents.

I remember when they started, everything was assessed.

The house/garden/pets were assessed, even me and my sisters had to be assessed. Interviewed to make sure I wasn't going to be the evil foster brother.

S

StillDepressed

It shouldn't because the only thing that will disqualify you is violent crimes or any wrongdoing towards children
My mum had severe depression when I was young and had to prove to be 'stable' when she fostered.
Here's the honest part, the word stable is going to come down to someones opinion and You will have to get a doctor to verify you are 'stable'

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

It shouldn't because the only thing that will disqualify you is violent crimes or any wrongdoing towards children
My mum had severe depression when I was young and had to prove to be 'stable' when she fostered.
Here's the honest part, the word stable is going to come down to someones opinion and You will have to get a doctor to verify you are 'stable'
OK. Maybe this means no hallucinations. IDK. I will not worry about it now. I feel it is a bright future for me.

L

Lab rat

I hope it is. Pets are allowed, unless you have a dog that bites or cat that’s aggressive. Stable is a point of view, chat to your pdoc about it