• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Eventually I may give up work and become a Foster Carer.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am 46 now, perhaps in 10 years time, I will retire and become a foster carer.

It is an honourable profession helping those in need. It will give some extra meaning to my life.

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Yea , that sounds like a terrific plan.

I am looking for something to do currently.. I'm waiting on the disability claim I have but I'm kind of stuck in the mud until things start flowing again..

It will let me scratch that parental itch. I do not want to bring a child into this world which is so unstable, but I can help one who has been abandoned.
That seems like a interesting thing to do.

Yea , that sounds fun.. but I dont really have a topic or a hobby.. I'm just focused on thought patterns.. and not so much schizophrenia anymore.. since I lost the focus on schizophrenia things have improved.. voice-wise..

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Yea , that sounds fun.. but I dont really have a topic or a hobby.. I'm just focused on thought patterns.. and not so much schizophrenia anymore.. since I lost the focus on schizophrenia things have improved.. voice-wise..
You could just make video blogs.

I dont know if things can get any better, I just know when I worked the voices were terrible..so it makes it entirely difficult to hold a job.

J

JeanPierre

I am 46 now, perhaps in 10 years time, I will retire and become a foster carer.

It is an honourable profession helping those in need. It will give some extra meaning to my life.
We need foster parents. Awesome idea!

C

celticlass

I think longer term fostering might be easier. A situation where a child has just been taken from his/her home and needs to be taken care of there and then - well that could be very stressful. It's an admirable aim though. Perhaps you should find out more about it.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think longer term fostering might be easier. A situation where a child has just been taken from his/her home and needs to be taken care of there and then - well that could be very stressful. It's an admirable aim though. Perhaps you should find out more about it.
I have already made enquiries. There are vetting checks, but if I pass that - should be fine.

I will not think about the details too much as it is something i wish to do later in life.

L

Lab rat

I hope it works out for you 😊