• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Even worse today

S

StarDustStarLight

Hi, I've plummeted really badly and to top it all had to have one of my cat's put to sleep. Not sleeping for several days and desperately sad over my cat dieing. She had lost weight, not eating and sleeping a lot, she was 13. I'd taken her to the vet on Tuesday and had bloods, etc, taken. She had kidney and heart problems. One of the worst day's and death is so cruel.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Staff member
Forum Safety Team
I'm so sorry for your loss, I lost a cat on the 7th of January to similar problems, she was 14.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Hi, I've plummeted really badly and to top it all had to have one of my cat's put to sleep. Not sleeping for several days and desperately sad over my cat dieing. She had lost weight, not eating and sleeping a lot, she was 13. I'd taken her to the vet on Tuesday and had bloods, etc, taken. She had kidney and heart problems. One of the worst day's and death is so cruel.

In that situation id say death is quite humane. You dont want her to stay alive just to experience more pain. Im sorry youre so down about it. But you can mourn her and then find another little friend to love.

S

StarDustStarLight

Thank you for the reply. I feel your loss too, still very raw.

Eleison

Eleison

So sorry to hear about your cat. Mine was a similar age when I lost her. Mine had Diabetes which had become uncontrolled, despite her staying stable on the Insulin and special diet for 5 years prior to that. She'd gone blind, incontinent and was in a lot of distress. I still miss her and it was 2003 when she left me.

S

StarDustStarLight

I guess no time is a good time to lose a pet, just seems like I'm being punished and punished even more than I can stand.

Eleison

Eleison

It sounds like things are feeling unbearable and you're at your limit of tolerance level?
Why would you be being punished?

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I'm so sorry about your cat. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. My dog (family dog but was more like a comfort animal for me because she always knew when I was sad and would comfort me) died a month ago and it was horrible. Cancer of the spleen. Hope you feel better soon and even though your cat can't be replaced you can still get another to fill the void.

S

StarDustStarLight

It sounds like things are feeling unbearable and you're at your limit of tolerance level?
Why would you be being punished?
Yeah, I'm struggling, my partner asked to leave two months ago with just two hours to move out, looking after my 88 year old mum and I've no friends here and I'm an only child so no one to talk to.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

You should look into Manx cats. I have read they are a lot like dogs and loyal to their human friend. Stick close to you and such. And plus Koko the gorilla had one, how cool is that? I wanna be Koko the gorilla.

Eleison

Eleison

I'm not surprised you're struggling.
I'm an only child with elderly parents [Mum is 83, Dad is 80] so I can empathise with that side of it completely. Though I've never had a partner I can hear and feel the shock of the being asked to leave so abruptly. It takes time to recover from that.

S

StarDustStarLight

I'm not surprised you're struggling.
I'm an only child with elderly parents [Mum is 83, Dad is 80] so I can empathise with that side of it completely. Though I've never had a partner I can hear and feel the shock of the being asked to leave so abruptly. It takes time to recover from that.
Thanks, I've just not slept for day's. I'm so tired.

Eleison

Eleison

It sounds like you can't shut your mind down for even a short moment. So many losses in a short amount of time.
Have you been to see your GP? Are you on any medications? Have you considered counselling?

S

StarDustStarLight

It sounds like you can't shut your mind down for even a short moment. So many losses in a short amount of time.
Have you been to see your GP? Are you on any medications? Have you considered counselling?
Yes, diazapam, antidepressants and I was on Zoplaclone but my Gp won't give me any more. Could only get to sleep on those. I'm waiting for a referral to the community mental health team but there's a long waiting list. I'm desperate to sleep. I wish I could join my cat.

Eleison

Eleison

Yes, diazapam, antidepressants and I was on Zoplaclone but my Gp won't give me any more. Could only get to sleep on those. I'm waiting for a referral to the community mental health team but there's a long waiting list. I'm desperate to sleep. I wish I could join my cat.

How long is the waiting list? Waiting lists are horrible, I know. Sorry that your GP won't give you any more Zopiclone. Diazepam can help with sleep to some degree, it was my prn for sleep for some years.
Try to be gentle with yourself, you've been through a really traumatic time.