• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Even though I have support I still feel alone

P

Person616

When someone who doesn't know the experience says they understand do they really? I feel like no one understands my depression and its impossible to explain it to someone to make them understand if they have never personally experienced it. I have found it is something that is beyond words. Anyone else feel the same way? How do I continue to go about life?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi welcome x i have support also ,i have my partner but sometimes i still feel lonely and misunderstood ,i think its really good you have joined the forum ,this place helps me lots because people seem to relate to my feelings emotions and thoughts
i hope you will like it here x you are very welcome x Lu x

DissociativeGypsy19

DissociativeGypsy19

i dont even understand my deprssion, it feels like it just hits me out of no where

P

Person616

hi welcome x i have support also ,i have my partner but sometimes i still feel lonely and misunderstood ,i think its really good you have joined the forum ,this place helps me lots because people seem to relate to my feelings emotions and thoughts
i hope you will like it here x you are very welcome x Lu x
Thank you so much that means a lot I appreciate the welcome! My goal was to hear others like yourself that are experiencing the same thing.

P

Person616

i dont even understand my deprssion, it feels like it just hits me out of no where
I agree with you. Comes out of nowhere for no reason. If things are going well or when they aren’t. Very unpredictable which makes life more difficult to navigate.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
Anyone else feel the same way?
Very much so. And that feels so isolating. Perhaps everyone's experience of depression is unique to them, and people with depression all experience it slightly differently? I think when you're depressed, your brain tells you 'no one else has ever felt exactly like I do, and that means I'm totally alone'. It's part of the nature of depression to feel alone and different.

But... whilst we're all unique, I still think there's common ground to find when we share our experiences. And even though no one else can be inside our heads to fully understand what's going on, there can be enough mutual recognition to help us feel less alone. Words often feel inadequate, and depression feels impossible to explain, I get that, but I think talking and describing how you feel, can go some way towards feeling less alone, if the person you're talking to is receptive, and willing to try to understand.

All the best Person616, I hope you'll find some understanding and mutual recognition of what depression is like here :peace:

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
Oh, and you've already taken a step on the road to feeling less alone hopefully by posting what you have here @Person616, it's a good step 👍

S

SadRainbow

Yes, I often feel alone despite have a kind and supportive partner, and some lovely friends. Depression can make you feel very isolated.

SoftRain

SoftRain

I feel alone a lot. A room full of people and I am still alone. I always think I am alone and misunderstood about my feelings.

Pedr

Pedr

Yes I feel totally isolated despite having two kids, parents and a few friends. It's part of depression, sadly.

P

Person616

Yes I feel totally isolated despite having two kids, parents and a few friends. It's part of depression, sadly.
how do you continue on with your head up?

P

Person616

I feel alone a lot. A room full of people and I am still alone. I always think I am alone and misunderstood about my feelings.
that is a good way to put it. Room full of people and still feel alone thinking nobody knows how I ACTUALLY feel.

B

blackrunningshoes

Same. I have the best boyfriend but my social life sucks since I moved countries which makes me feel so alone. And I’m worried that because I’m always so sad he will leave me too