Euphoria

H

Hail

Do you feel er ever felt euphoria during mania/psychosis?
Please answer, im trying to understand better my condition.

Skynet

Skynet

Yes, hypomania and mania are essentially euphorias and a bunch of related symptoms. I've made a list of the other symptoms if you're interested. The difference between hypomania and mania is that mania can have negative consequences on your life and also lasts longer than hypomania.

However, psychosis doesn't necessarily involve euphoria.

Hope that helps.

H

Hail

I'm confused because I have other mental problems besides this and some doctors tell me I have bipolar, some say i certainly dont have. I only experienced mixed episodes, so doesn't fit to any type of bipolar.
Yes, please, I would like to see the list. Thank you.

Skynet

Skynet

I'm confused because I have other mental problems besides this and some doctors tell me I have bipolar, some say i certainly dont have. I only experienced mixed episodes, so doesn't fit to any type of bipolar.
Yes, please, I would like to see the list. Thank you.
This is a list of hypomanic symptoms I made based on my experience in 2013:

When I'm hypomanic my perceptions are keener: I notice reflections (of the street) on vehicles, vocal intonations, etc. Colors appear brighter. Even when I touch something, I feel more features like temperature. I also have a better sense of direction and time.

I'm able to read people's body language and eye movements. (These features are drowned out by a fog of depression when I'm depressed.) When someone speaks, I can also "hear" their emotions and intentions. (This may be because my brain works faster.) Thus, I'm able to connect better with people and am more outgoing. I also feel more confident in social situations.

My reflexes are speedier and I feel more dexterous. I'm also more expressive with regards to my facial expressions and vocal intonations. Sometimes, I have olfactory hallucinations.

When I'm hypomanic, I rely on instinct whereas when I'm depressed I rely on planning.
A room (for example) appears bigger when I'm hypomanic than when I'm depressed; this may be because my depth perception is keener when I'm hypomanic.
I feel much more creative when I'm hypomanic than when I'm depressed.