• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Estimate of number of EMDR sessions needed

pentagram

pentagram

Because I seem to have been waiting for so long I might try to find a private EMDR therapist. I have found 2 in my area.

I am just asking people who have had EMDR roughly how many sessions you needed.

I know everyone is different, I am just needing a rough estimate to see how many sessions I would have to pay for to see if I can afford a course of it.

nonotme

nonotme

Because I seem to have been waiting for so long I might try to find a private EMDR therapist. I have found 2 in my area.

I am just asking people who have had EMDR roughly how many sessions you needed.

I know everyone is different, I am just needing a rough estimate to see how many sessions I would have to pay for to see if I can afford a course of it.

instead of paying out god money why not try it at home? I'm sure there is enough free stuff online and some which will suit you.

its only tapping here there and everywhere.

pentagram

pentagram

instead of paying out god money why not try it at home? I'm sure there is enough free stuff online and some which will suit you.

its only tapping here there and everywhere.
With every respect nonotme, I am not sure I am capable of DIY EMDR.

I am hesitant because at the same time as suffering trauma (over 40 years ago) I dissociated to save myself from further pain/torture and at the time it worked to my advantage. However I have regularly dissociated in times of stress ever since, often not to my advantage. I have trouble actually being fully in this world and have dissociated when over-stressed in therapy a few times. When this happens it helps if my therapist knows me enough to be able to spot it and gently bring me back from where I have gone. Grounding me.

How would I manage to stop myself dissociating, or know I was doing it? when I intentionally tried to bring forward stressful situations/memories to self-EMDR myself ?

nonotme

nonotme

With every respect nonotme, I am not sure I am capable of DIY EMDR.

-
How would I manage to stop myself dissociating, or know I was doing it? when I intentionally tried to bring forward stressful situations/memories to self-EMDR myself ?

then please don't try, there's no point in making yourself ill.