• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Escitalopram / lexapro 5mg anyone tried it?

AEWDude

AEWDude

I've been put on Escitalopram 5mg aka lexapro now. 2 days in. I feel more tired and more depersonalised than ever. Would this be normal? What's people's experiences on it?

Bernardos

Bernardos

Hey,

I have used this one for years,was the only one that sort of worked a bit,it only made me gain massive weight so always had to stop.
The tiredness is normal.

AEWDude

AEWDude

Only on it for 2 days, but feel awful. I don't seem to take to medicine at all. Would be easier if I didn't have to go to work, but modern living aye?

S

Scarlett2

I've been put on Escitalopram 5mg aka lexapro now. 2 days in. I feel more tired and more depersonalised than ever. Would this be normal? What's people's experiences on it?
No but that's actually the one I have been really really trying to go on. How are you feeling now? Are you still taking it?

AEWDude

AEWDude

Yeah, still on. Was starting to feel great around the 4 week mark. Now almost on the 6th week mark I feel awful again.

L

layeredtrauma

I am on escitalopram 5mg for 6 months now. Fluoxetine Hydrochloride BP was more effective for me. I feel really awful too, and I posted a thread about it.

L

layeredtrauma

Only on it for 2 days, but feel awful. I don't seem to take to medicine at all. Would be easier if I didn't have to go to work, but modern living aye?
You won't see the effect of this drug merely in 2 days. Give it 2 weeks or more. Try to stay in touch with your doctor meanwhile and keep a journal to track your emotions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Anxiety Forum 3
I Anxiety Forum 2
C Anxiety Forum 4