• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Escalating Anxiety

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have a quiz and a midterm exam this week, and I can hardly concentrate on studying. My anxiety is escalating and when I go to the grocery store I am a nervous wreck. I went to the symphony this afternoon with my parents and I felt like I could look at each person and feel everyone's personal and private pain.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am also scared that my therapist will cancel again, and I so need to talk with her.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

All sounds very overwhelming. :hug1:
I suppose you already know that anxiety around exams is natural.
But your experience of being able to feel other people's pain is a lot to take...
I mean it might not be your kind of thing, but have you looked into things like psychic protection? Carrying a crystal or visualising a protective bubble around yourself can help you become less affected by other people's stuff.
Oh and when are you due to see your therapist next? Is it long for you to wait?
You've done so well to get through the last few weeks - I know you've had major struggles.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I see my therapist on Wed, as long as she doesn't cancel again, and I think the fear that she will cancel is a huge contributing factor, the fear that something beyond her control will happen and cause her to have to cancel again.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The closer it gets to Wed and my next appointment with my therapist the more my anxiety increases. I am so scared she will cancel again. It's been over 5 weeks since I last saw her and I need her to not cancel again. But even as I type I feel bad because I know she has been sick and her aunt died just last week. I feel like I am being so selfish.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My heart is hammering away inside my chest like I had 5 shots of espresso one after another.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I want to self harm to make it stop. I took my meds an hour ago, and they're not helping. I also took some valerian, and that's not helping either. I don't know how to make it stop.

rubyrose

rubyrose

Please try to relax, honey. Maybe listen to some relaxing music or take a nap and see how you feel when you wake up. It's gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay. :hug:

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don't really want to pester her. If she doesn't call or email me tomorrow then it means therapy is on. Just one more day of waiting. I'm starting to calm down a bit, watching some nature stuff on netflix and drinking a "herbal infusion" tea that my therapist gave me for Christmas. I wish I could spend the whole summer out in nature, but I will have to get a job (unless I can go on social assistance) and take at least two classes this summer.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sorry you didn't sleep too well last night, but just wanted to say that it was really good of you to use those self-soothing techniques (tea/nature stuff/netflix) to try and help yourself.:hug:
I'm sure the appointment tomorrow will go ahead as planned. You're nearly there, I know it's been hard but help is near.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mimi14 Anxiety Forum 1
T Anxiety Forum 14
B Anxiety Forum 2
A Anxiety Forum 6
J Anxiety Forum 4