• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

ESA Reveiw in the morning, Anxious.

myownveryone

myownveryone

It's at 10am which means I need to be up, ready and in the bus by 9. This is bullshit. They know I find mornings very difficult and that I have a toddler. I have to be on a bus for an hour at one of the busiest time of the day. Not to mention the very face that I have to go and prove myself to these people. It's not fair. Do they not know how stressful these interrogations are? I don't know if I'm going to even be able to go outside tomorrow let alone travel. I have to phone them two days in advance to rearrange an appointment but that's no good for me. My situation varies daily. Will they understand if I can't go tomorrow? I'm so scared of losing my benifits.

SarahD

SarahD

These assessments are awful things. Hope you manage to go and that it goes ok. Thinking of you. X

myownveryone

myownveryone

Thank you. I hope so too. Do you think I will get my benifits stopped if I freak out and end up not being able to go? I really couldn't deal with that.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Thank you. I hope so too. Do you think I will get my benifits stopped if I freak out and end up not being able to go? I really couldn't deal with that.
Honestly, it's probably best that you go and freak out while you're there.
My advice to you would be to lay it on as thick as possible. When they ask you about how things are on an 'average' or 'good' day, respond with how it is on your worst days.
It might sound sneaky and underhand, but let me tell you, they'll have no problems twisting your words to suit their own agenda.

I wish you the best of luck.. these things are so stressful. Treat yourself to something nice afterwards and try not to worry too much about the outcome. x

myownveryone

myownveryone

My biggest worry if that I have to be there early. Morinings are BAD for me. I mean bad bad. I feel like im just going to lose my shit and waste my getting ready time with screaming and crying instead, and end up missing my bus. There's one per hour... I can't miss my bus... Peessure is also bad for me.

SarahD

SarahD

I would get up early and just get there somehow, don't worry about how you look or being upset in front of,them.

The problem is they just follow,rules, there is no humanity. If you don't go, you can't be sure they will take your reasons into account, even if you have support to prove it. And it may take ages to sort out.

Is anyone going with you?

myownveryone

myownveryone

Yeah, a friend is coming and he said we'll have a nice time in town after, and baby is staying home with dad so I don't have to worry about getting baby ready in time too... I just really hope I don't have a funny one. I should probably go to bed...

E

english rose

It's at 10am which means I need to be up, ready and in the bus by 9. This is bullshit. They know I find mornings very difficult and that I have a toddler. I have to be on a bus for an hour at one of the busiest time of the day. Not to mention the very face that I have to go and prove myself to these people. It's not fair. Do they not know how stressful these interrogations are? I don't know if I'm going to even be able to go outside tomorrow let alone travel. I have to phone them two days in advance to rearrange an appointment but that's no good for me. My situation varies daily. Will they understand if I can't go tomorrow? I'm so scared of losing my benifits.
It's probably too late for me to post this - but be careful, they try to trick people, they come over all nice but they're like a 'smiling assassin'.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
i hope you made it. :hug: at least you being a nervous wreck when you get there which whilst a horrible experience should help your application.

SarahD

SarahD

I really hope you went. How did it go? I will check in later to see xxx

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

My father in law has an assessment today at 2. How did it go for you hope all is well.

myownveryone

myownveryone

The bus timetable ended up being wrong on the internet which is what I go by and the lady told me not to worry and to book an afternoon appointment for in a couple of weeks instead. She was very understanding and told me she didn't want me to worry and it was out of my control and not my fault. She gave me her name and told me to forward any disputes to her. I got up early, didn't freak out or anything. I did my best. Thanks for your support guys. I have no excuse now not to go to the next one >. <