ESA Reassessment

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
that regulation about risk my women says it only applies on mandatory reconsideration or appeal, i think she's wrong and hasn't much experience of claims totally on mental health, but she hasn't tried for it, i get pip

heard someone on rethink web site saying mental health workers try to seperate people from carers and if they suceed things rapidly get very nasty behind the scenes

charlie says

charlie says

i don't have much evidence no psychiatrist they've closed my case i live independently if i say i can't do things they'll ask how come your not dead, how are you surviving

the gp i've only seen for a year the last gp who retired had a psych qualification, this one hasn't
I'm in the same boat. Was under the mental health for about 3 years and now on the scrap heap. I can get back again if i go through a GP again.
I had no supporting letter. Nothing to take to the assessment. Just took my meds and my mother. I also live on my own,
Assessment lady was nice and everything went smoothly i felt but i've been here before.
I ended up in Wrag group. That was hell. Adviser pushing me etc.
Went through the appeal process which dragged on for months and months. Tribunal panel were a godsend and far more understanding. I was placed in the support group for 5 years.
Anyway had my assessment just before Xmas and the dreaded brown letter came friday.
I built myself up to fail and be put into the wrag group again.
The most important part of the letter said i was in the support group. It felt like i won a bet which it shouldn't feel like. It's because of the stress i went through when i was last in the Wrag group. I also can't live off the new pathetic rates.
My DLA has also just run out and i'm waiting for the paperwork.
I got MIND to fill in my forms which i personally think it helps. I also took my mother to the assessment this time which helped i believe because they ask her a couple of questions.
The only thing that concerns me is that there was no time frame in how long i was placed in the support group. Last time it said 5 years and that gave me breathing space not to worry myself silly.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
mind in brent went bankrupt think it's joined with another london mind but haven't heard the only thing i know is still going is they're employment women they got a recent grant for, she turned up at a group i go to, feel it says it all

they told me when i phoned it'd be 18 months it may have been 5 yrs

at least you've got your mother who they can assume is doing things for you, mine at the moment is 97 delusional with a kidney infection in a brum hospital, needless to say i'm a low priority to a family that have always played down the illness

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
gp left message on answerphone she can only comment on my medical condition i need someone who knows me to comment on my behaviour

i just feel some stabilised on meds comment isn't going to be helpful with the dwp and the dwp aren't likely to respect anyone i know

if i have to appeal it could be 6 months or more on the assessment rate and i struggle to say the least with food banks

one friend says i avoid going out or situations that are stressful how that meets dwp criteria

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i've just got an appt for a assessment on fri 22 feb doing my head in, for god sake i'm 60 were diagnosed schitzoprenic at 19 on drugs that though they say i'm stabilised isn't fitness for work, i wonder what mental health qualifications the healthcare proffessional will have

then they'll look whether i fit their boxes off course i don't fit their physical health boxes i'm mentally ill

don't even know if i can find someone to go with me i'm so isolated a problem they don't ask about

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I don’t know if you’ve worked at all but do think that if you’ve been long term sick and it can be proved that you were ill.i.e taking relevant meds and with little chance of permenant employment you should be able to go on ill health retirement at 60. That would even do the governments figures good cos it would bring people off the unemployment/ sickness statistics

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
theres no such thing as ill health retirement at 60 not on means tested benefits, just looked at the pension or pension credit web site on the goverment web site, 66 before you can claim

ill health retirement you need a long work history checked due to having schitzoprenia were for a long time perceived wisdom was people shouldn't work i don't

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I know there isn’t, but what I was saying that it’s something that should be considered. You can get ill health retirement from work which I had , and my friend also has, but it’s not a state pension. But it wouldn’t cost the government any more to place you on a pension. It would save money on staff at job centres having you sign on every two weeks or attending a wrag group. There going to be more and more people on sick as the retirement age increases and they would need to employ more people to cope with this.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
but i don't qualify, if the goverment does change the rules to allow long term benefit recipients the same rights as those working in say the nhs maybe, but nhs money comes from a different pot, as they say it might cost them if they have to section me but it's a different pot

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Of course you don’t qualify . Nobody does , What I’m saying is hypothetical it was a suggestion not a statement . I do know what the retirement age is. I just thought that in the next ten years the number on sick will only rise and this could take a lot of people off their figures

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
your welcome to suggest it to politicians, whether they'll listen, maybe if some party supports it i might vote for them

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
but then they'd have to pay for it and some say the youngsters are having a hard enough time as it is

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Well no. In my perfect world of unicorns and magic, they wouldn’t be paying unemployment /esa and could just transfer it over to a pension instead. Easy peasy. I should run the government.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i just phoned the gp asking for a telephone consultation, asked the reason said stress mental illness benefits, this receptionist the way she reacted, they shouldn't be taking goverment rhetoric out on vulnerable people

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
felt suicidal last night but was thinking killing myself would just suit my family, they'd no longer have to cover up the mentally ill uncle from the family in malta and anyway wouldn't be better to take one of the bastards with me

my representative has postponed the face to face hoping to get a supportive lettter from the gp asking for a paper assessment were i don't have to be seen, the clocks ticking, they won't wait for ever and the waiting is more uncertainty for me

i might ask the gp to refer me to the cmhc but all they offer nowadays is drugs, and unless your a high risk they don't want to know and if you are or argue such,you risk been binned

A

anyajp

Do not worry...go to websites and make notes on your illness/condition...then write it all in your esa questionnaire..this helped me do mine recently.
Secondly...pick your worst day and describe how you have been feeling in the esa50.
Im waiting for the dwp to get back to me...I has an esa50 sent to me in late December.

N

notunderstanding

Have you been classed as fit to work before, ramboghettouk?

N

notunderstanding

I'm sort of surprised they asked you to go to an assessment..I didn't have a face to face. But that could be because my GP wrote a paragraph saying my complex mental health issues and complex physical health issues make going out an arduous task. Guess they couldn't be bothered to do a home visit which is great because don't have brain power for that. My evidence was good as well I guess. They even used photographs I included to come to a decision lol. Still surprised though because schizophrenia is awful to deal with and given you've struggled so long with it what's the point assessing you again. I don't understand.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my gp has only known me a year since the last one retired, she says she can't comment on my behaviour and i need someone who knows me, i said no one knows me i'm so isolated and if they did comment it has to come from a profffessional, they've closed my case

spoke to my representative she phoned the gp they're doing a new letter

not what they told me appears i'm not mentally ill to be a priority but they know i'm mentallly ill enough they can ignore me knowing if i complain it'll be put down to mental illness

i'm surprised i got a face to face and they didn't have time to contact the gp they did have a summary of my notes mentioning simple schitzoprenia and residual schitzoprenia

my representative says i'd pass a face to face if i am called in, she's phoned them asking them to wait for further information we have until the 25th

remember that psychiatrist when i was in hospital saying i could put you in a room with 30 schitzoprenics on meds and 30 so called normal people and you wouldn't be able to see the difference

there was a lot of crap like that when i was a young lunatic