• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

ESA programme 10pm BBC 1 Wed 26th May

B

Blondie

TV programme tonight, Wednesday 26th May. Who's Cheating Who?, which questions whether employment and support allowance is fit for purpose and whether profits are being put before welfare, is on at 10.45pm on BBC1 Scotland. (Even if you don’t live in Scotland, you should be able to watch if you have freeview ,Sky or cable TV). We know that many Benefits and Work members provided information to the makers of this programme.

shaun3210

shaun3210

This is available on Iplayer for those interested: http://bbc.co.uk/i/sjn3x/

It is damming of the new system and was able to backed it up with DWP figures about what percentages where expected to fall into the 3 categories, as well as interviews with people who have fallen fowl of the new medicinal and the family of one person who soon died of cancer after being judged fit to work.

Support group for the most seriously ill, pays £96.85 a week, DWP target is 5% it is currently 9%
Work related activity group, pays £91.40 a week, DWP target is 46% it is currently at 23%
Job seekers allowance, pays £65.45 a week, DWP target is 49% it is currently at 68%

Atos original don’t come out of very well at all in an anonymous interview with one of their employees and the fact they wouldn’t reveal their payment structure.

40% of appeals being successful is shocking tbh and you also have to wonder how many who should have passed the medical, don’t bother to appeal? ...If I hadn’t got support in place last May when I failed my medical I’m not so sure if I would have been able to on my own!

Real shame this program wasn’t shown nationally, but with figures like that I don’t see how it can continue in its current sate for long!