• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

ESA .maximus work capability assessment UK

W

Woodlandmagic

After being on contributions ESA SUPPORTED .. for nearly a year .. i've just got the esa50 forum to fill in .. time frame 3 and a half weeks . being discarded from the pysc and immediate help . unless i'm a fret to myself " suicidal

went to the local gp , more or less didn't want to know as it was for emergency so had to make another appointment , which is in a week and halfs time .. to get my medical history printed out , i did ask the receptionist ,but she said no .

i rang the crisis team , no help unless i was suicidal and that i have see my gp again to get another referral .

c.a.b is full for appointments for a 3 weeks with help on this .

i have been diagnosed with bipolar rapid changes / anxiety for which at worst have to wear incontinence pants in case i relieve myself through a panic attack , and have carry a bag around for change of clothing etc..for when the times i can get out and so been in the mental health system for many years .

and my ligaments have gone on my knee .. 10 years ago .. and i've not had it operated on . because of fear/anxiety .. it often get stiff and swells up , so have to take naproxen . and with being classed as obese " done to their meds other the years " as made matters worse .

i 've only got round to filling in part of the form at the moment , through dyslexia ..

it's almost a certainty will have to have a face to face , so i'm going to ask for recorded assessment face to face .. and try and get a letter in time for a home assessment . as i don't want to go through the embarrassment of a possibility of relieving myself at face to face , with no help from the nazi ss hit squad .

each day that passes could lead me back on wards being sectioned as being fret/danger to myself . and it shouldn't come to this .

Last edited:
LORD BURT

LORD BURT

You sound like a very worthy case. I hope it all works out for you. Keep cool! :)

W

Woodlandmagic

thanks , bt

one way or another it will cost them to see me /government/ as its them behind it all and cost the tax payer more , and them having the possibility of me sectioned again , to get stability back again each time . and taking them to court until they stop not before putting a claiming against the dwp beforehand on the pip assessment when that comes ..

if they say they can't do the recorded face to face , i will have to do it myself and send them a copy

Last edited:
LORD BURT

LORD BURT

No worries.

Just focus on explaining your disabilities and how they restrict your daily life. Try not to get too bogged down in the big picture.

W

Woodlandmagic

No worries.

Just focus on explaining your disabilities and how they restrict your daily life. Try not to get too bogged down in the big picture.
yes as always keep focused on the worst bad days .. as everyday/night is not so good ..

a4 copy paper and ink have been ordered to copy everything including the esa50 on what i've said

Last edited:
W

Woodlandmagic

more from ilegal about pip 2107 from cuckoo

Upper Tribunal Rules in Favour - Mental Health PIP Mobility | ilegal
Topic started on Feb 3, 2017 at 12:07am kacy likes this QuotePost Options Post by cuckoo on Feb 3, 2017 at 12:07am
From Benefits&Work - Jan 2017
"Dear Reader,
It’s taken a few years, but the law has finally caught up with Benefits and Work.
For once, however, that’s good news.
Because it means many more claimants with mental health conditions may be able to get an award of the mobility component of PIP, even at the enhanced rate.
PIP MOBILITY
For years we’ve been advising members that DWP guidance about ‘Planning and following a journey’ was wrong – deliberately so – and was leading to incorrect assessments by health professionals and errors of law by decision makers.
And for years we’ve been publishing a submission that members could download and include in their appeal papers, challenging the way that many claimants with mental health conditions were prevented from getting an award of the mobility component.
Finally, after conflicting decisions from different judges, a panel of three upper tribunal judges was convened last year.
The DWP continued to argue that anyone with a mental health condition who was ever able to go outdoors, even with someone with them, should score only 4 points and receive no award at all on that basis.
But the tribunal weren’t having any of it.
Last month they made a legally binding decision that claimants with conditions such as severe anxiety can qualify even for the enhanced rate of the mobility component, just on the basis of problems with ‘Planning and following a journey’, or ‘Going out’ as the PIP form terms it.
Having read the judgement, we’re pleased to see that arguments that we put forward in our downloadable submission, and the very specific evidence we used to support them, have been included in the judgement.
Though, oddly enough, we didn’t get an honourable mention . . . or, indeed, any mention at all.
Still, we’ve set aside our crushed egos and updated our PIP claims and reviews guide to take account of the upper tribunal decision. Subscribers can download it now from the PIP page in the members only area.
Bear in mind that our advice about how to complete the PIP2 ‘How your disability affects you’ form hasn’t changed.
Only now we can say it’s the law, not just our opinion."

W

Woodlandmagic

if we , with a mental health condition are classed as a long term disability = 12 months of more and no change in our health condition/diagnosis .. they why ishant there a box to tick to say we are exempt to take these assessments= face to face

independent living is about stability ... yet being forced into these assessments , leads to nothing more than a snow ball effects .

no stability .. back on the wards again .. going round and round every time the assessments come up .. thus costing more for the tax payer and plus the need for more hospitals and more professional care .

Last edited:
W

Woodlandmagic

can mental illness be classed as disease .that will lead to death .. some have a high probability of death through self arm suicide etc .. if thats the case then .. a tick box is needed to say that it is a long term disease/illness that leads to death

Real Disease vs. Mental Disorder

Last edited:

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
if we , with a mental health condition are classed as a long term disability = 12 months of more and no change in our health condition/diagnosis .. they why ishant there a box to tick to say we are exempt to take these assessments= face to face

independent living is about stability ... yet being forced into these assessments , leads to nothing more than a snow ball effects .

no stability .. back on the wards again .. going round and round every time the assessments come up .. thus costing more for the tax payer and plus the need for more hospitals and more professional care .
But it's primarily being ideologically driven, imo.

The correlations with pre war Nazi Germany are very real & frightening.