• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

ESA help?

lostgirl19

lostgirl19

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi I have just got my ESA50 form through, and I am panicking quite a bit. I think I need help with filling in the forms and wondered if anyone on here could help me or if they had any advice on how to fill them in? I was also considering going to CAB next week to get some help with it. Would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you x

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hi Lostgirl, I had someone from the welfare to help me fill in my forms, ring the job centre number on the form and they will put you through to someone that will be able to visit and help you out with them.

I hope you are feeling a little brighter today

Love
KS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lostgirl19

lostgirl19

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi KS thanks so much for your reply. Are you talking about a disability adviser or someone like that? I can't have people come round to my home, and i'm worried if I go to the job centre they will think clearly I am not unwell. Thank you I hope you are too xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mami5

mami5

I got cab to fill in my forms second time round and got moved from wrag to support group without an interview. I would recommend them.

lostgirl19

lostgirl19

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you Mami, how did they help you? And did you have to send off any letters with the forms? I've just booked an appt for Monday. x

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yes I got someone from the J.C to come out and see me, if your not comfy with that then go to CAB.

KS
xxxx

mami5

mami5

Thank you Mami, how did they help you? And did you have to send off any letters with the forms? I've just booked an appt for Monday. x
They just filled the forms in and made me look and sound at my worse, they're used to filling them in so know what to write and which words to use. I did not send any letters with it I don't think, sorry memory not that good and this was last june. good luck xx

lostgirl19

lostgirl19

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks so much Mami. I will see them Monday and hopefully they will be able to help me. I do question whether i'm ill enough if at all though and i'm not sure how to answer the questions but will try xx

keepsafe

keepsafe

Don;t be scared to let them know what it's like for you on your worst days, they need to know this so they can help you properly. I hope you get it all sorted on Monday and are going to be ok over the weekend

KS
xxxxxxxxx

lostgirl19

lostgirl19

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks KS. I really hope I get someone nice :/ I will do my best. I hope you're okay too xxxx

charlie says

charlie says

If you are under the mental health team then go and see them. You are far better seeing people from the mental health then CAB. They do all my forms. They even wrote a letter to bailiffs not to turn up at my address on medical grounds. They also stopped me losing my car when i went bankrupt.

T

The Vicar

It's important that you get help with filling the form in. If you fill it in yourself it goes against you as they will say that if you are capable of filling in the form you are capable of working. Same goes if you have a face-to-face assessment. Take someone with you as turning up alone shows you can travel by yourself. My Care-cordinator/Social Worker took me. I don't know the results yet but at least the nurse listened to me and to the Social Worker.

mrlaurel

mrlaurel

hi, I have used the online PDF version this time (and last) it made it so much easier for me to do this...... my writing is shocking as is my spelling the forms online are so much more useful.

also please note, fill the form in as you are at your worst, I was told this my someone at the job centre ages ago so that's how I did mine.

Also give them as much information as you can, get help writing your personal statement, CAB were great with me but only really pointed me in the direction I was already going in.

any detail no matter how small you might think it is, add it in.

also send forms back using the signed-for posting service just had soem of mien going "missing" for three days and both the Job center and Atos was fine with me once they were given tracking details.

I have also heard recently most claims at present are being reviewed on ESA50 and not on medicals as they are so far behind, I have no idea how true this is or just an urban myth?

stan

Lillyone

Lillyone

It's important that you get help with filling the form in. If you fill it in yourself it goes against you as they will say that if you are capable of filling in the form you are capable of working. Same goes if you have a face-to-face assessment. Take someone with you as turning up alone shows you can travel by yourself. My Care-cordinator/Social Worker took me. I don't know the results yet but at least the nurse listened to me and to the Social Worker.
I have filled my own form in twice and each time passed my medical.
I have gone to the medical twice alone.
We are each different and circumstances mean we each do things differently.
I have no friends or family to go with me, and I would not ask a stranger.

Reach

Reach

I have filled my own form in twice and each time passed my medical.
I have gone to the medical twice alone.
We are each different and circumstances mean we each do things differently.
I have no friends or family to go with me, and I would not ask a stranger.
Me too, but they always asked if i had travelled there alone and i lied and said someone was waiting for me in the car. It is worth saying that, if noone can go with you, just in case it helps get your more points. I honestly don't think you'll have a problem getting in support group Lost, as long as you fill out the form based on your worse times, and not mention the better times. I also would not mention that you work on Sundays.